TPWJ, 2019, #7, 2-6 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #7, 2019 (July)
Study of pulsed arc processes at periodic switching of volt-ampere characteristics of arc power source
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The article discusses the pulsed arc processes carried out by periodic switching of the volt-ampere characteristics of the arc power source having different slope. At the same time, the commutation of the mentioned characteristics itself is realized not forcedly, but automatically based on the information about the current state of the system «power source–arc». The main aim is to find out how effective is this method of gas-shielded pulsed arc welding with consumable electrode. The article presents the results of theoretical investigations and computer modelling of self-oscillating processes, occurring in the system under consideration. A formula was derived for a preliminary evaluation of the pulse repetition rate of the welding current. By varying the value of a certain parameter appearing in this formula, it is possible to set the desired repetition rate of the indicated pulses. 9 Ref., 7 Figures.
Keywords: pulsed arc welding, consumable electrode, switching of volt-ampere characteristics, computer modelling, pulse repetition rate of welding current
1. Voropaj, N.M., Ilyushenko, V.M., Lankin, Yu.N. (1999) Peculiarities of pulsed-arc welding with synergic control of mode parameters (Review). Avtomatich. Svarka, 6, 26–32 [in Russian].
2. Zhernosekov, A.M., Andreev, V.V. (2007) Pulsed metal arc welding (Review). The Paton Welding J., 10, 40–43.
3. Krampit, N.Yu., Burakova, E.M., Krampit, M.A. (2014) Short review of methods for control of shielded-gas arc welding process. In: Modern problems of science and education, 1. URL:http://www.science-education.ru/115-12069 [in Russian].
4. Dyurgerov, N.G., Lenivkin, V.A. (2015) Technological stability of consumable electrode pulsed-arc welding. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 4, 14–18 [in Russian].
5. Shejko, P.P., Pavshuk, V.M. (1992) Power source for consumable electrode pulsed-arc welding with smooth control of parameters. Avtomatich. Svarka, 6, 44–46 [in Russian].
6. Jing Nie, Xiao-Feng Meng, Yu Shi (2011) Study on evaluation method of aluminum alloy pulse MIG welding stability based on arc voltage probability density. Signal and Information Processing, 2, 159-164. https://doi.org/10.4236/jsip.2011.23020
7. Mathivanan, A., Senthilkumar, A., Devakumaran, K. (2015) Pulsed current and dual pulse gas metal arc welding of grade AISI. Defense Technology, 11(3), 269-274. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dt.2015.05.006
8. (1988) Control theory. Terminology. Ed. by B.G. Volik. Issue 107. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
9. Tsybulkin, G.A. (2014) Adaptive control in arc welding. Kiev, Stal [in Russian].