TPWJ, 2020, #2, 22-25 pages
Structural changes in the metal of welded joints of long-term operating steam pipelines
V.V. Dmytryk, A.V. Glushko and S.P. Iglin
National Technical University «Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute»
2 Kyrpychova Str., 61002, Kharkiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Increasing the service life of steam pipelines is a very urgent task for heat power engineering. The investigation of
peculiarities of changing the metal structure in the areas of heat-affected-zone of welded joints of steam pipelines,
which are operated for a long time in the conditions of creep, makes it possible to reduce the level of their damage and,
consequently, increase the operating time. In the work the features of dislocations movement, dependence of creep rate
on the structural state of welded joints are considered, and features of forming vacancies and creep pores are given. It
was established that the formation of nuclei pore in the conditions of creep depends on the degree of deformation of
metal in welded joints, as well as on its structural state. 10 Ref., 7 Figures.
structural changes, welded joints, operation, steam pipelines, dislocation, pores, damage, operating time
1. (2005) Procedural guidelines on evaluation of viability of equipment of thermal power plants (SO153-34.17.456). Moscow, TsPTI ORGRES [in Russian].
2. (2001) Express-method for evaluation of residual service life of welded joints of boiler and steam pipeline collectors on structural factor ( RD 153-34.1-17.467). Moscow, TsPTI ORGRES [in Russian].
3. Glushko, A.V., Dmitrik, V.V., Syrenko, T.A. (2018) Creep of welded joints of steam pipelines. Metallofizika і Novejshie Tekhnologii, 40(5), 683-700 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/mfint.40.05.0683
4. Khromchenko, F.A. (2002) Service life of welded joints of steam pipelines. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
5. Dmitrik, V.V., Sobol, O.V., Pogrebnoj, M.A. et al. (2015) Structural changes in metal of welded joints of steam pipelines in operation. The Paton Welding J., 12, 24-28. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.12.05
6. Suzuki,T., Yoshinaga, H., Takeuchi, S. (1989) Dislocation dynamics and plasticity. Moscow, Mir [in Russian].
7. Glushko, A. (2016) Researching of welded steam pipe joints operated for a long time. Eastern-European J. of Enterprise Technologies, 6, 1(84), 14-20. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.85852
8. Dmitrik, V.V., Sobol, O.V., Pogrebnoj, M.A., Syrenko, T.A. (2015) Peculiarities of degradation of metal in welded joints of steam pipelines. The Paton Welding J., 7, 10-15. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.07.02
9. Honeycomb, R. (1972) Plastic deformation of metals. Moscow, Mir [in Russian].
10. Dmitrik, V.V., Syrenko, T.A. (2012) To the mechanism of diffusion of chromium and molybdenum in the metal of welded joints of steam pipelines. The Paton Welding J., 10, 20-24.