The Paton Welding Journal, 2020, #10, 35-39 pages
Influence of antimony on structure and mechanical properties of pre-eutectic copper-phosphorus alloys
S.V. Maksymova, A.N. Pisarev, P.V. Kovalchuk and V.V. Voronov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The results of investigations of pre-eutectic alloys of Cu–P–Sb system are presented. The melting temperature range
was determined using high-temperature differential thermal analysis. It was found that antimony alloying of copper-phosphorus pre-eutectic alloy provides a decrease in the solidus and liquidus temperature. On the basis of experimental
and literature data, the surfaces of liquidus and solidus of ternary alloys were constructed. Using micro-X-ray
spectral analysis, the chemical composition and a number of structural components of Cu–6.29P–1.97Sb alloy were
determined. The influence of antimony on technological and mechanical properties, as well as morphology of cast
ternary pre-eutectic copper-phosphorus alloys is shown. 10 Ref., 2 Tables, 6 Figures.
copper-phosphorus pre-eutectic alloys, antimony, temperature of solidus and liquidus, microstructure,
ultimate tensile strength
1. Petrunin, I.E. (2003) Handbook on brazing. Моscow, Маshinostroenie
2. Pashkov, I.N., Ilina, I.I., Shapiro, A.E. (2006) Properties and
applications of Cu-based silver free brazing filler metals made
by rapid solidification technique. In: Proc. of the 3rd Int. Brazing
and Soldering Conf. (San Antonio, Texas, USA), 157–166.
3. Pashkov, I., Pashkov, A. (2012) Change in phase morphology
and composition during the spreading of liquid alloy, which
is actively interacting with base metal surface. In: Proc. of
the 5th Int. Brazing and Soldering Conf. (Las Vegas, Nevada,
4. Boutilier, J., Brown, N., Klidas, N., Alexandrov, B.T., Shapiro,
A.E. (2018) Strength of steel, copper, and brass lap joints
brazed by silver-based and silver-free filler metals. In: Proc.
of the 7th Int. Brazing and Soldering Conf. (New Orleans,
5. Drits, М.Е. (1979) Binary and multicomponent systems based
on copper (Reference). Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
6. Vozdvizhensky, V.N., Grachev, V.A., Spassky, V.V. (1984)
Casting alloys and their melting technology in mechanical
engineering. Moscow, Маshinostroenie [in Russian].
7. Lyakishev, N.P. (1999) Constitutional diagrams of binary
metal systems. In: Refer. Book: 3 Vol., Vol. 3. Book. 1. Moscow,
Маshinostroenie [in Russian].
8. Smiryagin, A.P., Smiryagina, N.A., Belova, A.V. (1974) Industrial
nonferrous metals and alloys. Moscow, Metallurgiya
9. Suchkov, D.I. (1967) Copper and its alloys. Moscow, Metallurgiya
10. Pisarev, A.N., Doroshenko, L.K., Safronova, E.A. (1992)
Copper fusibility angle of the copper-phosphorus-antimony
system. In: Physical chemistry and technology of phosphides
of phosphorus-containing alloys. In: 2 Parts. Pt 2. Alma-Ata,
Gylym, 18–22 [in Russian].