TPWJ, 2012, #9, 37-43 pages
TECHNOLOGY OF REPAIR WELDING OF BOILER UNIT ASSEMBLIES WITHOUT POSTWELD HEAT TREATMENT
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 9, 2012 (September)
A.K. Tsaryuk1, V.D. Ivanenko1, V.Yu. Skulsky1, S.I. Moravetsky1, A.R. Gavrik1, G.N. Strizhius1, M.A. Nimko1, S.I. Mazur2, A.A. Trojnyak2, Yu.V. Odin3
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Tripolskaya HEPS, Ukrainka, Ukraine
Kremenchugskaya HPP, Kremenchug, Ukraine
OJSC «YuTEM», Bucha, Ukraine
The paper considers repair welding of the damaged assemblies of boiler equipment at heat electric power stations and heat power plants made from heat-resistant steels of the Cr-Mo and Cr-Mo-V systems (collectors, heating surface pipes, T-joints, steam piping elements etc.), which exhausted their life under severe service conditions (at high temperature and pressure) that caused damages in metal mainly in the form of cracks. The technology recommended for repair of such damages involves manual arc welding using the 06Kh1M type electrodes combined with the 09Kh1MF type electrodes. It includes for the use of preliminary and concurrent heating with subsequent thermal recovery of a welded joint. Welded joints made by the suggested technology have high crack resistance and required mechanical properties. Present technology successfully passed the tests in repair welding of boiler equipment assemblies.
repair welding, damages, heat-resistant steels, assemblies of boiler equipment, electrodes, preheating, thermal recovery, extension of life time
1. Khromchenko, F.A. (2002) Service life of welded joints of steam pipelines. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
2. Melekhov, R.K., Pokhmursky, V.I. (2003) Structural materials of power equipment. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
3. Anokhov, A.E., Korolkov, P.M. (2003) Welding and heat treatment of case power equipment in repair. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
4. Anokhov, A.E., Khromchenko, F.A., Fedina, I.V. (1986) New technology of repair welding of chrome-molybdenum steel parts without heat treatment. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 10, 15-17.
5. Makarov, E.L. (1981) Cold cracks in welding of alloy steels. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
6. Shorshorov, M.Kh., Chernyshova, T.A., Krasovsky, A.I. (1972) Weldability tests of metals. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
7. Shorshorov, M.Kh., Belov, V.V. (1972) Phase transformations and changes of steel properties in welding. Moscow: Nauka.
8. Khromchenko, F.A. (2005) Welding technology in repair works. Moscow: Intermet Engineering.
9. RD 108.021.112-88: Repair of defects in cast case parts of turbines and fittings by welding-up methods without heat treatment. Moscow.
10. Anokhov, A.E., Ganiev, F.B., Korolkov, P.M. (2003) Improvement of technology of repair welding and heat treatment is the base of service life prolongation of vapor turbines. Montazhn. i Spets. Raboty v Stroitelstve, 7, 7-11.
11. Anokhov, A.E., Korolkov, P.M. (2006) Welding and heat treatment in power engineering. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
12. Tsaryuk, A.K., Ivanenko, V.D., Volkov, V.V. et al. (2009) Repair welding of turbine case parts from heat-resistant steels without subsequent heat treatment. The Paton Welding J., 12, 32-36.
13. Kasatkin, B.S., Brednev, V.I., Volkov, V.V. (1981) Procedure of examination of deformation kinetics at delayer fracture. Avtomatich. Svarka, 11, 13.
14. Kozlov, R.A. (1969) Hydrogen in welding of hull steels. Leningrad: Sudostroenie.
15. Kozlov, R.A. (1986) Welding of heat-resistant steels. Leningrad: Mashinostroenie.
16. Demyantsevich, S.V., Zemzin, V.N. (1979) Procedure of evaluation of welded joint susceptibility to cracking in heat treatment. Trudy TsKTI, 169, 22-27.
17. RTM-1s-89 (RD 34 15.027-89): Welding, heat treatment and testing of pipe systems of boilers and pipelines in mounting and repair of power plant equipment. Moscow: Energoizdat.