TPWJ, 2014, #8, 37-41 pages
INCREASE OF SERVICE PROPERTIES OF ELECTRIC-ARC AND PLASMA COATINGS BY USE OF ELECTRIC-PULSE EFFECT ON DOUBLE-PHASE HIGH-TEMPERATURE FLOW
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 8, 2014 (August)
A.N. DUBOVOJ, A.A. KARPECHENKO and M.N. BOBROV
Admiral Makarov National Shipbuilding University. 9 Geroev Stalingrada Ave., 54025, Nikolaev. E-mail: email@example.com
There are publications on increase of physical-mechanical properties of coatings by means of modulation of plasma arc and using of additional sources of electric field intensity. The work studies an influence of electric and pulse effect on double-phase high-temperature flow (DHTF), and, as a result, on structure and service properties of electric-arc and plasma coatings. Relationship of amplitude-frequency characteristics of high-voltage electric pulses with microstructure and properties of obtained coatings was investigated. It is shown that electric-pulse effect promotes for reduction of metal drops in DHTF and provides denser structure of plasma powder of PG-19M-01 grade and electric-arc coating from wire Sv-08G2S. 18-30% rise of adhesion strength, 20-35 % of hardness and 1.7 times increase of wear resistance are observed. 8 Ref., 3 Tables, 5 Figures.
thermal coatings, electric pulse, hardness, wear resistance, adhesion strength
1. Gutman, B.E. (1988) Drop refinement in plasma spraying with current modulation. Avtomatich. Svarka, 9, 37-39.
2. Kadyrmetov, A.M. (2012) Study of processes of plasma spraying and strengthening of coatings and ways of their quality control. Nauchny Zhurnal KubGAU, 81, 1-18.
3. Korotkikh, V.M. (2011) Controlled energy-saving technologies of plasma spraying of protective coatings for agricultural purpose. Vestnik AltajGAU, 82(8), 83-87.
4. Galyshkin, N.V., Korotkikh, V.M. Unit for plasma spraying. Pat. 2335347 Russia. Int. Cl. B05B7/22. Fil. 09.01.2007.
5. Adler, Yu.P., Markova, E.V., Granovsky, Yu.V. (1976) Planning of experiment in search of optimal conditions. Moscow: Nauka.
6. Grigoriev, A.I. (2000) Electrodispersion of liquid in realization of oscillating instability of its free surface. Zhurnal Tekhn. Fiziki, Vol. 70, Issue 5, 22-27.
7. Grigoriev, A.I. (2000) Capillary electrostatic instabilities. Sorovsky Obraz. Zhurnal, Vol. 6, Issue 6, 37-43.
8. Grigoriev, A.I. (2009) Electrostatic instability of highly-charged spray of conducting liquid. Zhurnal Tekhn. Fiziki, Vol. 79, Issue 4, 36-45.