TPWJ, 2015, #11, 17-23 pages
Effect of cooling mode after diffusion welding and brazing on residual stresses in graphite-copper edge joints
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 11, 2015 (November)
V.V. Kvasnitsky1, G.V. Ermolaev2 And M.V. Matvienko3
NTTU «Kiev Polytechnic Institute» 37 Pobeda Ave., 03056, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
National Shipbuilding University 9 Geroiv Staliningrada Ave., 54025, Nikolaev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kherson Branch of National Shipbuilding University 44 Ushakov Ave., 73022, Kherson, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Studied is stress-strain state at different modes of cooling of cylindrical assemblies from graphite and copper in plastic and elastic stages considering short-term plastic deformations as well as creep. Effect of cooling mode on plastic deformations in butt zone and axial stresses on assemblies' surface, determining possibility of fracture of brittle graphite was jound. 7 Ref., 3 Tables, 12 Figures.
diffusion welding, brazing, graphite-copper joint, stress-strain state, cooling modes, residual stresses, mathematical modeling
- Ermolaev, G.V., Kvasnytsky, V.V., Kvasnytsky, V.F. et al. (2015) Brazing of materials: Manual. Ed. by V.F. Khorunov at al. Mykolaiv: NUK.
- Kazakov, N.F. (1976) Diffusion welding of materials. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Kvasnitsky, V.V., Ermolaev, G.V., Matvienko, M.V. (2008) Influence of plastic deformation on stress-strain state in diffusion welding of dissimilar metals applicable to cylinder-cylinder and bush-bush assemblies. Zbirnyk Nauk. Prats NUK, 1, 100-107.
- Makhnenko, V.I., Kvasnitsky, V.V., Ermolaev, G.V. (2008) Stress-strain state of diffusion bonds between metals with different physical-mechanical properties. The Paton Welding J., 8, 2-6.
- Kvasnitsky, V.V., Ermolaev, G.V., Matvienko, M.V. (2009) Influence of strength and creep resistance on residual stress-strain state of metal-ceramic joints. Zbirnyk Nauk. Prats NUK, 3, 83-92.
- Kvasnitsky, V.V., Ermolaev, G.V., Matvienko, M.V. (2008) Influence of geometry of dissimilar materials parts on stress-strain state in diffusion welding. Ibid., 5, 42-46.
- Kvasnitsky, V.V., Matvienko, M.V., Ermolaev, G.V. (2009) Influence of the ratio of dimensions of cylindrical parts from dissimilar materials on their stress-strain state in diffusion welding. The Paton Welding J., 8, 17-20.