DOI of Article
TPWJ, 2018, #2, 2-6 pages
Calculation model of formation of nonmetallic inclusions of multilayer morphology in weld metal
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #2, 2018 (March)
L.A. Taraborkin and V.V. Golovko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The objective of the work was development of a calculation model for practical prediction of the kinetics of formation of multicomponent endogenous nonmetallic inclusions in the weld metal. The proposed mathematical model is a nonstandard nonlinear boundary problem for a system of diffusion equations with the specific condition on the moving melt-inclusion interphase, and it allows for the kinetics and heterogeneity of the process under the conditions of the real thermal cycle of welding. The calculation program developed as a computer realization of the constructed model allows evaluating in a computer experiment the size and composition of endogenous nonmetallic oxide inclusions, depending on concentration and thermal conditions in the weld pool. 10 Ref., 2 Figures.
arc welding, weld pool, nonmetallic inclusions, mathematical model, prediction
- Gubenko, S.I., Parusov, V.V., Derevyanchenko, I.V. (2005) Nonmetallic inclusions in steel. Dnepr, ART-PRESS [in Russian].
- Ozhigov, L.S., Mitrofanov, A.S., Rybalchenko, N.D. et al. (2017) Influence of nonmetallic inclusions in low-alloy carbon steel on service life of NPP piping. Voprosy Atomnoj Nauki i Tekhniki, 110 (4), 59–64 [in Russian].
- Myasnikova, A.A. (2012) Nonmetallic inclusions and their influence on welded joint quality in manual arc welding. Master’s J., 1, 50–54.
- Hong, T., Debroy, T., Babu, S.S., David, S.A. (2000) Modeling of inclusion growth and dissolution in the weld pool. and Mater. Transact. B, 31B, 1, 161–169.
- Kwon Yu-Jong, Zhang Jian, Lee Hae-Geon (2008) A CFD-based nucleation-growth-removal model for inclusion behavior in a gas-agitated ladle during molten steel deoxidation. ISIJ Int., 48(7), 891–900. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.48.891
- Golovko, V.V., Taraborkin, L.A. (2016) Modelling of chemical composition of weld pool metal in arc methods of welding. The Paton Welding J., 1, 12–16. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.01.02
- Hong, T., Debroy, T. (2001) Time-temperature-transformation diagrams for the growth and dissolution of inclusions in liquid steels. Scripta Materialia, 44(5), 847–852. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1359-6462(00)00675-8
- Grigoryan, V.A., Stomakhin, A.Ya.. Ponomarenko, A.G. et al. (1989) Physical-chemical calculations of electric steelmaking processes. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
- Pokhodnya, I.K., Demchenko, V.F., Demchenko, L.I. (1979) Mathematical modeling of gas behavior in welds. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- DSTU ISO 6847:2015 (ISO 6847:2013, IDT): Welding consumables. Deposition of a weld metal pad for chemical analysis [in Ukrainian].