The Paton Welding Journal, 2011, #5, 39-42 pages
EFFICIENCY OF MELTING OF ELECTRODE WIRE IN SUBMERGED-ARC SURFACING WITH INFLUENCE OF TRANSVERSE MAGNETIC FIELD
A.D. RAZMYSHLYAEV, M.V. MIRONOVA, K.G. KUZMENKO and P.A. VYDMYSH
Priazovsky State Technical University, Mariupol, Ukraine
A device has been developed, which generates a transverse magnetic field (TMF), for the process of submerged-arc surfacing using wire. It is shown that in reverse polarity surfacing the impact of a constant and alternating TMF of 50 Hz frequency increases equally the coefficient of melting of electrode wire amelt
both of ferromagnetic and nonmagnetic materials. Maximum increase of wire amelt
is 20-30 % at the magnitude of transverse component of TMF induction of 30-45 mT.
submerged-arc surfacing, electrode wires, transverse magnetic field, induction, melting coefficient
1. Razmyshlyaev, A.D. (1994) Control of geometric sizes of weld in arc welding and surfacing by action of magnetic fields (Review). Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 9, 28-31.
2. Akulov, A.I., Kopaev, B.V. (1972) Magnetic control of arc in consumable electrode argon-arc welding. Avtomatich. Svarka, 7, 39-42.
3. Demyantsevich, V.P., Lebedev, G.A., Maksimets, N.A. (1975) Effect of external magnetic field and welding parameters on weld formation. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 11, 7-9.
4. Shejkin, M.Z., Varyakhov, N.F. (1969) Application of magnetic oscillations in submerged-arc welding. Ibid., 6, 24-25.
5. Gagen, Yu.G., Martynyuk, T.A. (1985) Magnetic control of weld formation in automatic submerged-arc welding. Avtomatich. Svarka, 11, 73-74.
6. Razmyshlyaev, A.D. (2000) Magnetic control of weld formation in arc welding. Mariupol: PGTU.
7. Iofinov, P.A., Ibragimov, V.S., Dmitrienko, A.K. et al. (1991) Effect of electromagnetic field on melting rate of electrode wire in automatic submerged-arc surfacing. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 1, 34-35.
8. Boldyrev, A.M., Birzhev, V.A., Chernykh, A.V. (1989) Increase in efficiency of electrode wire melting during welding in longitudinal magnetic field. Ibid., 4, 18-19.
9. Razmyshlyaev, A.D., Deli, A.A., Mironova, M.V. (2007) Effect of longitudinal magnetic field on the efficiency of wire melting in submerged-arc surfacing. The Paton Welding J., 6, 23-27.
10. Razmyshlyaev, A.D., Mironova, M.V. (2009) Calculation of parameters of longitudinal magnetic field providing removal of drop from electrode tip in arc surfacing. Ibid., 7, 26-29.