DOI of Article
SEM, 2018, #3, 16-19 pages
Peculiarities of producing large ingots of titanium aluminides in electron beam installations
Journal Современная электрометаллургия
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue № 3, 2018 (October)
S.V. Akhonin1, A.Yu. Severin1, V.A. Berezos1, A.N. Pikulin1, A.G. Erokhin2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
SE «RPC «Titan» of the E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
26 Raketnaya Str., 03028, Kyiv. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mathematical model of crystallization of cylindrical ingots of titanium alloys in electron beam melting was adapted for calculations of crystallization of large ingots of diameters from 200 up to 600 mm, made of alloys on titanium aluminide base. Calculations were made for 200 mm diameter ingot of TiAl intermetallic. As a result of calculations the temperature fields were obtained in ingot and optimum conditions of melting were determined. In electron beam installation UE-208M the experimental melting of large 200 mm diameter ingot of Ti–29Al intermetallic alloy was performed for the first time. The quality of the produced ingot was studied and it was found that aluminium is distributed uniformly across its section, thus testifying that the electron beam melting modes were selected properly by using the mathematic modeling. 8 Ref., 2 Tabl., 3 Fig.
electron beam melting; mathematic modeling; ingot; alloy; chemical composition; structure
- Boyarshinov, V.A. (1979) Refining remelting of steel and alloys in vacuum. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
- (1978) Titanium alloys. Melting and casting of titanium alloys. Ed. by A.L. Andreev. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
- Paton, B.E., Trigub, N.P., Akhonin, S.V., Zhuk, G.V. (2006) Electron beam melting of titanium. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Iliin, A.A., Kolachev, B.A., Polkin, I.S. (2009) Titanium alloys. Composition, structure, properties: Refer. b Moscow, VILS-MATI [in Russian].
- Tripp, D., Mitchel, A., Hayden, M. (1986) The effect of power on the thermal regime in an EB hearth. In: of Conf. on Electron Beam Melting and Ref. State-of-the Art (1986, Bakish Mat. Corp., Englewood, N.-Y.), 30–41.
- Zhadkevich, M.L., Statnikov, B.Sh., Ishchenko, D.A. (1991) Examination of heat state of ingot-mould system in electron beam remelting. i Khim. Obrab. Mat., 3, 53–57 [in Russian].
- Zhuk, G.V. (2003) Basic regularities of influence of thermophysical conditions of metal crystallization in electron beam melting on structure and properties of ingots: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kiev, PWI [in Russian]
- Tikhonovsky, A.L., Tur, A.A., Kravets, A.N. et al. (1992) Electron beam installation UE-208. Problemy Spets. Elektrometallurgii, 1, 71–74 [in Russian].