Electrometallurgy Today (Sovremennaya Elektrometallurgiya), 2018, #3, 27-31 pages
Effect of type of power source at 3D printing on structure
A.A. Pedash, V.V. Klochikhin, T.A. Mitina, V.G. Shilo
JSC «MOTOR SICH». 15 Motorostroiteley Ave., 69068, Zaporozhye. E-mail: email@example.com
In the paper the composition, structure and properties of specimens of Ti–6Al–4V alloy, produced by technologies of a selective laser and electron beam melting are studied as-applied to manufacture of aircraft-purpose components. Comparative investigation of structure and properties of specimens after heat treatment, typical for alloy Ti–6Al–4V, before and after preliminary hot isostatic pressing, was carried out. It was found that the appearance of pores and lacks of fusion of granules in fractures and in microstructure requires the obligatory hot isostatic pressing of critical components to eliminate the above defects and to provide the better complex of characteristics of strength and ductility. 6 Ref., 2 Tabl., 5 Fig.
titanium alloy; additive technologies;. selective laser melting; electron beam melting; microstructure; mechanical properties
- Dovbysh, V.M., Zabednov, P.V., Zlenko, M.A. (2015) Additive technologies and products from metal. Moscow, GNTs RF FGUP NAMI [in Russian].
- Edwards, P., O’Conner, A., Ramulu, M. (2013) Electron beam additive manufacturing of titanium components: Properties and performance. of Manufacturing Sci. and Engin., Transact. of the ASME, 135(6).
- Thijs, L., Verhaeghe, F., Craeghs, T. et al. (2010) A study of the microstructural evolution during selective laser melting of Ti. Acta Materialia, 58(9), 3303–3312. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actamat.2010.02.004
- Mohammadhosseini, A., Fraser, D., Masood, S., Jahedi, M. (2013) Microstructure and mechanical properties of Ti–6Al–4V manufactured by electron beam melting process. Materials Research Innovations, 17, 106–112. https://doi.org/10.1179/1432891713Z.000000000302
- Froes, F.H. (2013) Titanium powder metallurgy: Developments and opportunities in a sector poised for growth. Powder Metallurgy Review, 2(4), 29–43.
- Burghardt Kloden. Additive manufacturing — selective electron beam melting. http://ifam.fraunhofer.de/content/dam/ifam/en/documents/dd/infobltter/additive_manufacturing-electron_beam_melting_fraunhofer_ifam_dresden.pdf/