The Paton Welding Journal, 2011, #1, 6-13 pages
INDICATORS OF STABILITY OF THE GMAW PROCESS
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Formulation of the term of stability of the GMAW process is offered. Objective indicators of stability are considered and analysed. A set of indicators of the process stability is suggested for each welding method and character of metal transfer.
arc welding, metal electrode, welding process quality, welding process stability, indicators of stability
1. GOST 25616-83 (ST SEV 3235-81): Power supplies for arc welding. Methods for testing of welding properties. Introd. 28.01.83.
2. Pokhodnya, I.K., Zaruba, I.I., Ponomaryov, V.E. et al. (1989) Criteria for evaluation of stability of DC arc welding process. Avtomatich. Svarka, 8, 1-4.
3. Zaruba, I.I., Latansky, V.P., Troitskaya, N.V. (1992) Statistical indicators of stability in evaluation of welding properties of arc welding power supplies. In: Transact. on New Welding Power Supplies. Kiev: PWI.
4. Lenivkin, V.A., Dyurgerov, N.G., Sagirov, Kh.N. (1989) Technological properties of gas-shielded welding arc. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
5. Pokhodnya, I.K., Gorpenyuk, V.N., Milichenko, S.S. et al. (1990) Arc welding metallurgy: processes occurring in arc and melting of electrodes. Ed. by I.K. Pokhodnya. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
6. Khrenov, K.K. (1949) Electric welding arc. Moscow; Kiev: Mashgiz.
7. Shafransky, L.G., Orlov, L.N., Abrashin, A.V. (1972) Evaluation of stability of AC arc. Avtomatich. Svarka, 4, 18-19.
8. Arlauskas, V.Yu., Narushkevichyus, I.R. (1974) Quantitative estimation of stability of re-excitation of the welding arc. Ibid., 8, 9-10.
9. (1986) Arc welding equipment: Refer. Book. Ed. by V.V. Smirnov. Leningrad: Energoatomizdat.
10. Orlov, A.I. (2004) Case mathematics: probability and statistics - main factors: Manual. Moscow: MZ-Press.
11. Lankin, Yu.N. (2001) Acoustic emission of the welding arc (Review). The Paton Welding J., 2, 25-32.
12. Kuzmak, E.M. (1938) Problems of charging of electrode coverings. Avtogennoe Delo, 12, 6-9.
13. Tsuboi, J., Sasaki, H. (1971) Interruption mechanism of the covered electrode arc. Transact. of JWS, 2, 67-70.
14. Lugin, V.P. (1975) Comparative assessment of arc burning stability in AC stick electrode welding. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 1, 39-40.
15. Leskov, G.I. (1970) Electric welding arc. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
16. Troitsky, V.A. (1974) Effect of inductance on shape of curve of the AC welding arc. Avtomatich. Svarka, 1, 8-11.
17. Pokhodnya, I.K., Gorpenyuk, V.N., Marchenko, A.E. et al. (1979) Procedure for determination of the AC arc stability. Ibid., 12, 16-18.
18. Zaruba, I.I., Dymenko, V.V. (1983) Effect of drop transfer on stability of AC welding arc. Ibid., 12, 14-20.
19. Pokhodnya, I.K. (1972) Gases in welds. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
20. Yazovskikh, V.M., Belenky, V.Ya., Krivonosova, E.A. et al. Method for estimation of the arc burning stability. Pat. 2063316 RF. Int. Cl. B 23 K 31/32, B 23 K 9/073. Publ. 10.07.96.
21. Yazovskikh, V.M., Shumyakov, V.I., Boronenkov, V.N. (1998) Estimation of the welding electrodes quality by the computer analyses of oscillograms of welding current and voltage. In: Proc. of 8th Int. Conf. on Computer Technology in Welding (June 22-24, 1998, Paris), 10.
22. Yazovskikh, V.M., Belenky, V.Ya., Krotov, L.N. et al. (1997) Procedure for estimation of the welding arc burning stability. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 4, 18-20.
23. Adolfsson, S., Bahrami, A., Bolmsjo, G. et al. (1999) Online quality monitoring in short-circuit gas metal arc welding. Welding J., 2, 59-73.
24. Gupta, S.R., Gupta, P.C., Rehfeldt, D. (1988) Process stability and spatter generation during dip transfer in MAG welding. Welding Rev., November, 232-241.
25. Pokhodnya, I.K., Zaruba, I.I., Ponomaryov, V.E. et al. (1990) Methods for comparative assessment of technological properties of welding equipment and consumables. Avtomatich. Svarka, 5, 1-5.
26. Dutra, J.C. (1990) Statistical analysis of arc stability in MIG-MAG welding with short-circuit transfer. IIW Doc. XII-1172-90.
27. Baixo, C.E.I., Dutra, J.C. (1990) The study of metal transfer on the GMAW process, using a projector and voltage of current oscillographic processing. IIW Doc. XII-1174-90.
28. Shinoda, T., Nishikawa, H., Shimizu, T. (1996) The development of data processing algorithms and assessment of arc stability as affected by the titanium content of GMAW wires during metal transfer. In: Proc. of 6th Int. Conf. on Computer Technology in Welding (June 9-12, 1996, Lanaken, Belgium), 11.
29. Pokhodnya, I.K., Surdzhan, I., Ponomaryov, V.E. et al. (1991) Procedures for complex assessment of welding-technological properties of power sources and welding consumables: Inform. Documents of CMEA, Issue 1(37). Kiev: PWI, 44-55.
30. Orszagh, P., Sensak, V. (1989) Criterion of optimization of GMA/CO2 welding process. IIW Doc. SG 212-735-89.
31. Shinoda, T., Kaneda, H., Takeuchi, Y. (1989) An evaluation of short circuiting arc phenomena in GMA welding. Welding & Metal Fabrication, December, 522-525.
32. Hermans, M.J.M., Den Ouden, G. (1999) Process behaviour and stability in short circuit gas metal arc welding. Welding J., April, 137-141.
33. Liu, S., Siewerts, T.A. (1989) Metal transfer in gas metal arc welding: droplet rate. Ibid., February, 53-58.
34. Dutra, J.C. (1990) Computerized procedure of metallic drop transfer analysis for the determination of pulsed welding variables. IIW Doc. XII-1171-90.
35. Kaganov, I.L. (1956) Electron and ion transducers. Pt 3. Moscow; Leningrad: Gosenergoizdat.
36. Anokhin, A.M., Glotov, V.A., Paveliev, V.V. et al. (1997) Methods for determination of coefficients of criteria significance. Avtomat. i Telemekhanika, 8, 3-35.
37. Domarev, V.V. (2004) Safety of information technologies. System approach. Kiev: TID DiaSoft.
38. Ogunbiyi, B., Norrish, J. (1996) GMAW metal transfer and arc stability assessment using monitoring indices. In: Proc. of 6th Int. Conf. on Computer Technology in Welding (June 9-12, 1996, Lanaken, Belgium), 10.