“The Paton Welding Journal” #08_2023 will be freely distributed from 11 to 15 September during the exhibition SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN 2023, Messe Essen, Norbertstrasse 2, Essen, Germany at the stand of the Paton Welding Institute: Hall 8 Stand 8B29.1.
You can also order this issue of the Journal in electronic form for free.
Send applications to E-mail: email@example.com
Contents of the issue
EFFECT OF MANGANESE ON STRUCTURE AND WEAR RESISTANCE OF DEPOSITED METAL OF THE LOW-CARBON STEEL TYPE
Priazovsky State Technical University, Mariupol, Ukraine
Abstract Investigation results are presented on structure and wear resistance of metal deposited by using flux-cored strips and having chemical composition of the low-carbon steel type with differing manganese content. The possibility of improving wear resistance of the deposited metal due to subsequent heat and thermochemical treatments is studied. It is shown that achievement of the optimal amount of meta-stable austenite in structure leads to improvement of wear resistance of the deposited metal.
References 1. Malinov, V.L. (2006) Sparsely alloyed consumables providing in the deposited metal deformation hardening in operation. The Paton Welding J., 8, 25-28.
2. Tarasenko, V.V., Khomenko, G.V., Titarenko, V.I. et al. (2006) Experience of joint works of OJSC «Zaporozhstal» and PP «Remmash» in development and application of new surfacing materials. In: Proc. of 2nd Sci.-Pract. Conf. on Improvement and Reequipment of Enterprises. Efficient Technologies of Repair and Recovery of Parts. (Dnepropetrovsk, 2006), 39-43.
3. Bogachev, I.N., Mints, R.I. (1972) Cavitation fractures and cavitation-resistant alloys. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
4. Malinov, L.S., Malinov, V.L. (2007) Sparsely doped alloys with martensitic transformations and strengthening technologies. Kharkov: KhFTI.
5. Bogachev, I.N., Egolaev, V.F. (1973) Structure and properties of iron-manganese alloys. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
6. Litvinov, V.S. (1979) Structure and stability of phases with high contact resistance: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Sverdlovsk: S.M. Kirov UPI.
7. Malinov, L.S., Malinov, V.L. Method of strengthening. Pat. 63462 Ukraine. Int. Cl. C21 D1/2. Publ. 15.01.2004.