TPWJ, 2012, #3, 20-25 pages
IMPROVEMENT OF RELIABILITY OF MAIN GAS PIPELINES BY USING REPEATED IN-PIPE FLAW DETECTION
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 3, 2012 (March)
D.P. VARLAMOV1, V.N. DEDESHKO1, V.A. KANAJKIN2 and O.I. STEKLOV2
Closed Joint Stock Company «Research and Production Association «Spetsmash», Moscow, RF
Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas, Moscow, RF
It is shown that the presence of a large number of abnormalities in welded joints is hazardous for safe operation of the system of main gas pipelines not only because of the probability of failure of the welded joints, but also because of formation of an additional factor, i.e. initiation and propagation of stress corrosion cracking defects in a zone of intersection of longitudinal and circumferential welds.
welded pipelines, integrity, in-pipe flaw detection, general and local corrosion, stress corrosion cracking, abnormal circumferential welded joints
1. Mazur, I.I., Ivantsov, O.M. (2004) Safety of pipeline systems. Moscow: Elina.
2. Steklov, O.I. (1990) Resistance of materials and structures to stress corrosion. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
3. Kanajkin, V.A. (2009) In-pipe magnetic flow detection of main pipelines. Ekaterinburg: UrO RAN.
4. Varlamov, D.P., Kanajkin, V.A., Matvienko, A.F. (2008) Monitoring of defects in main gas pipelines. Ekaterinburg: UrO RAN.
5. Varlamov, D.P., Kanajkin, V.A., Matvienko, A.F. et al. (2010) Analysis of stress corrosion defects in main gas pipelines. Ekaterinburg.