TPWJ, 2014, #9, 30-33 pages
JOINING OF THICK METAL BY MULTIPASS ELECTROSLAG WELDING
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 9, 2014 (September)
K.A. YUSHCHENKO1, S.M. KOZULIN1, I.I. LYCHKO1 and M.G. KOZULIN2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Toliatti State University. 14 Belorusskaya Str., Toliatti, RF. E-mail: email@example.com
Nonstandard schemes of ESW (multi-layer, well-like etc.) are mostly used for reconstruction repair of large-sized parts of heavy machine building. Through-thickness cracks are the most often type of fracture and they take place mainly in heavy-loaded machine parts being operated under alternating load. Such defects differ by large branching and twisting of the cracks as well as impressive sizes of fracture sections (2.5-6.8)р105 mm2. A method of muptipass consumable nozzle electroslag welding (MCNESW) is the most appropriate for performance of repair works. Science-based combination of developed technical and technological approaches in MCNESW realizing provides for weld metal with high ductility, homogeneous structure and hardness, absence of hardening structures in HAZ and defects in fusion zone. The method of repair of large through-thickness cracks in large-sized parts directly at operation site is successfully implemented at six enterprises. Technical scheme, workup level and versatile of technological process of MCNESW performance allows also recommending it for joining of thick metal during production of new welded metal structures. 16 Ref., 4 Figures.
multipass electroslag welding, consumable nozzle, repair, large-sized parts, through-thickness cracks
1. (1980) Electroslag welding and surfacing. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
2. Paton, B.E. (1971) Some predictions on welding development. Avtomatich. Svarka, 5.
3. (1959) Electroslag welding. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Moscow; Kiev.
4. Anders, W., Maushake, W. Verfahren zum Verschweissen von Groessen Querschnitten mittels Elektroschlackeschweissung. Veroeff. 06.10.61.
5. Khoruzhik, G.I., Sushchuk-Slyusarenko, I.I., Andrianov, G.G. et al. Forming device for vertical welding. USSR author's cert. 284224. Int. Cl. B 23 K 25/00. Fil. 22.01.78. Regist. 21.03.80.
6. Sushchuk-Slyusarenko, I.I., Lychko, I.I., Khrundzhe, V.M. et al. Forming device for vertical welding. USSR author's cert. 747659. Regist. 23.01.78.
7. Sushchuk-Slyusarenko, I.I., Lychko, I.I., Kozulin, M.G. et al. (1989) Electroslag welding and surfacing in repair works. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
8. Kozulin, S.M., Lychko, I.I., Kozulin, M.G. (2007) Methods of reconditioning rotary kilns (Review). The Paton Welding J., 10, 33-39.
9. Sushchuk-Slyusarenko, I.I. (1977) Electroslag welding and surfacing. Vol. 9. Moskow: Svarka.
10. Filchenkov, D.I., Kozulin, M.G., Sushchuk-Slyusarenko, I.I. (1982) Repair of defects of cast products from 30GSL steel by multilayer electroslag welding. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 9, 19-20.
11. Kozulin, M.G., Kozulin, S.M. (1992) Method of multilayer electroslag welding. USSR author's cert. 1756074. Int. Cl. B23K 25/00. 33/00.
12. Kozulin, S.M. (2011) Selection of the groove shape for repair of through cracks by multilayer electroslag welding. The Paton Welding J., 3, 32-35.
13. Kozulin, S.M., Lychko, I.I., Kozulin, M.G. (2010) Increase of resistance of welds to formation of crystalline cracks in repair of bands of kiln furnaces using electroslag welding. Ibid., 1, 32-34.
14. Kozulin, S.M., Lychko, I.I. (2011) Deformations of welded joints in multilayer electroslag welding. Ibid., 1, 23-27.
15. Kozulin, S.M., Lychko, I.I., Podyma, G.S. (2013) Structure and properties of steel 35L welded joints produced using multilayer electroslag welding. Ibid., 8, 7-12.
16. Yushchenko, K.A., Lychko, I.I., Kozulin, S.M. et al. (2012) Portable apparatus for consumable-nozzle electroslag welding. Ibid., 8, 45-46.