TPWJ, 2015, #2, 48-51 pages
MANUFACTURE OF RODS OF SINTERED TITANIUM ALLOYS BY USING DIFFERENT METHODS OF WELDING (Review)
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 2, 2015 (February)
Zaporozhie National Technical University. 64 Zhukovsky Str., 69063, Zaporozhie, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented is the state-of-the-art of production of semi-products and products of titanium and its alloys in Ukraine. The rod of titanium and its alloy is one of the mostly demanded semi-products. In Ukraine the titanium rods are not manufactured in principle. For its mass production it is necessary to reduce the cost of technology for their production. The production of rod semi-products by using methods of powder metallurgy in applying of powders with the developed surface and welding was grounded. Peculiarities of application of different methods of welding were considered, the application of pressure welding was shown as challenging. The optimum one is the rotation friction welding for production of rod semi-products. The main problems, which may occur in friction welding of sintered semi-products, were considered, the need in further investigations of weldability of the given semi-products was shown. 51 Ref.
titanium, powder metallurgy, pressing, sintering, welding, semi-product, rod
1. Leder, O.O., Kurochkin, D.A., Alabusheva, M.O. (2014) State-of-the-art of titanium market in 2013 and tendencies of its development. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2014 in CIS (Nizhny Novgorod, 25-28 May, 2014).
2. Teslevich, S.M., Shvartsman, L.Ya., Zhigunov, N.N. (2007) Main trends in strategy of development of researches on improvement of technology for production of titanium semi-products and products on ZTMK. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2007 in CIS (Yalta, 15-18 April, 2007), 25-33.
3. Khorev, A.I. (2011) Fundamental and applied researches on thermal and thermomechanical treatment of titanium alloys for aviation and rocket-space engineering. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2011 in CIS (Lvov, 25-28 April, 2011), 314-321.
4. Nochovnaya, N.A., Izotova, A.Yu., Moiseev, N.V. et al. (2011) Formation of structure during isothermal stamping of blade billets from (a+ b) heat-resistant titanium alloys. Ibid., 38-40.
5. Ivanova, L.A., Kudryavtsev, A.S., Travin, V.V. (2009) Experience of application of high-strength titanium alloys in power equipment. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2009 in CIS (Odessa, 17-20 May, 2009), 46-60.
6. Kalienko, M.S., Savvateeva, G.V., Petren, M.G. (2013) Study of possibility for application of cold deformation and its influence on structure and mechanical properties of TS6 alloy rods. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2013 in CIS (Donetsk, 26-29 May, 2013), 189-193.
7. Skvortsova, S.V., Dzunovich, D.A., Shalin, A.V. et al. (2011) Deformability of titanium alloys at normal and elevated temperatures. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2011 in CIS, 361-363.
8. Site of production association OSCAR. http://oscar-tube.com
9. Galetsky, L.S., Remezova, E.A. (2011) Role of mineral-resource base of titanium of Ukraine in world. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2011 in CIS, 22-27.
10. Site of International company ANTARES. http:// www.antares.com.ua/ru/index.html
11. Galetsky, L.S., Remezova, E.A., Kogon, E.Sh. et al. (2013) New stage in development of mineral-raw materials base and titanium industry of Ukraine. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2013 in CIS, 7-11.
12. Ivashchenko, V.I., Chervonny, I.F. (2009) Trends of reduction in prime cost of titanium. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2009 in CIS, 87-91.
13. Shiryaev, A.A., Nochovnaya, N.A., Burkhanova, A.A. et al. (2013) Prospects and possibilities in development of scarcely-alloyed beta-titanium alloys. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2013 in CIS, 14-18.
14. Kovalenko, T.A., Ovchinnikov, A.V. (2010) Influence of initial structure on fracture mechanisms and mechanical properties of submicrosrystalline titanium. Novi Materialy i Tekhnol. v Metalurgii ta Mashynobud., 1, 72-80.
15. Kolobov, G.A., Pecheritsa, K.A., Pavlov, V.V. et al. (2013) Secondary raw titanium: Efficiency of application and refining. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2013 in CIS, 119-121.
16. Telin, V.V., Ivashchenko, V.I., Chervonny, I.F. et al. (2005) Analysis of tendencies in development of technologies, manufacturing and consumption of titanium. Titan, 17(2), 62-68.
17. Antashev, V.G., Kashapov, O.S., Pavlova, T.V. et al. (2007) State-of-the-art, problems and prospects in development of heat-resistant titanium alloys for compressor parts. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2007 in CIS, 22-24.
18. Galetsky, L.S., Remezova, E.A., Kogon, E.Sh. et al. (2007) Problems and prospects of mineral-raw materials base of titanium in Ukraine. Ibid., 34-38.
19. Stavitsky, Yu.L. (2007) Approval of hydrogenated titanium powder of ZTMK production in technological processes of powder metallurgy. Ibid., 73-77.
20. Zyakhor, I.V., Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I. (2012) Friction welding of PIM heat-resistant steel to steel 40Kh. The Paton Welding J., 9, 2-11.
21. Telin, V.V., Teslevich, S.M., Shvartsman, L.Ya. (2007) Development of novel economical processes and equipment at ZTMK in technological processes of powder metallurgy. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2007 in CIS, 60-64.
22. Selcuk, C., Bond, S., Woolin, P. (2010) Joining processes for powder metallurgy parts: A review. Powder Metallurgy, 53(1), 7-11. https://doi.org/10.1179/003258910X12680617015249
23. Drozdenko, V.A., Pavlov, V.A., Ter-Pogosiants, E.D. et al. (2007) Experience of production of titanium powders, powder titanium items and materials. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2007 in CIS, 149-155.
24. Ternovoj, Yu.F., Pashetneva, N.N., Vodennikov, S.A. (2010) Semi-products and products from pulverized metallic powders. Zaporozhie: Zaporozh. GIA.
25. Moskvichev, Yu.P., Panin, V.I., Ageev, S.V. (2013) Granular composites and efficiency of their application. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2007 in CIS, 41-47.
26. Spektor, V.S., Runova, Yu.E., Zanetdinova, G.T. et al. (2013) Effect of thermohydrogen processing on formation of structure of titanium alloy powder materials. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2013 in CIS, 345-347.
27. Ivasishin, O.M., Savvakin, D.G., Matvijchuk, M.V. (2011) Approval of hydrogenated titanium powder of ZTMK production in technological processes of powder metallurgy. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2011 in CIS, 322-328.
28. Bykov, I.O., Ovchinnikov, A.V., Davydov, S.I. et al. (2011) Application of hydrogenated titanium with predetermined oxygen content for manufacturing of products by powder metallurgy method. Teoriya i Praktika Metallurgii, 80/81(1/2), 65-69.
29. Ivasishin, O.M., Markovsky, P.E., Savvakin, D.G. et al. (2013) Effect of structure of structural titanium alloys on change of deformation strengthening in zone of local plastic deformation. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2013 in CIS, 287-296.
30. Yakovlev, M.G., Zhuplov, M.V. (2014) Increase in production and quality of processing of gas-turbine engine discs from granular materials due to the application of optimal cutting conditions. In: Proc. of Int. Sci.-Techn. Conf. on Prospects of Development Trends of AircraftEngineBuilding, Vol. 1, 281-291. St.-Petersburg: Skifiya-Print.
31. Antonyuk, S.L., Korol, V.N., Molyar, A.G. et al. (2004) Fatigue resistance of welded joints of experimental titanium alloy T-110. The Paton Welding J., 2, 25-28.
32. Hamill, J. (2007) Weld techniques give powder metal a different dimension. Metal Powder Report, 62(5), 22-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0026-0657(07)70106-6
33. Topolsky, V.F., Akhonin, S.V., Grigorenko, G.M. (2011) New titanium biocompatible alloys in orthopedy and stomatology. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2011 in CIS,173-176.
34. Khorev, A.I. (2007) Influence of complex alloying on mechanical properties of welded joints and base metal (aВВ + b)- and b-titanium alloys. Tekhnologiya Mashinostroeniya, 2, 29-34.
35. Blashchuk, V.E., Shelenkov, G.M. (2005) Fusion welding of titanium and its alloys (Review). The Paton Welding J., 2, 35-42.
36. Seliverstov, A.G., Tkachenko, Yu.M., Kulikovsky, R.A. et al. (2013) Effect of friction welding parameters on structure and mechanical properties of joints on titanium alloy VT3-1. Ibid., 1, 28-33.
37. Kuznetsov, S.V., Leonov, V.P., Mikhajlov, V.I. (2013) Resistance to deformation and fracture of welded joint zones of titanium pseudo-alloys at higher temperature conditions. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2013 in CIS, 180-188.
38. Saenko, V.Ya., Polishko, A.A., Ryabinin, V.A. et al. (2014) Electron beam welding of sheet commercial titanium VT1-0, hardened by nitrogen in the process of arc-slag remelting, and properties of produced joints. The Paton Welding J., 11, 46-49.
39. Markashova, L.I., Akhonin, S.V., Grigorenko, G.M. et al. (2012) Structure and properties of welded joints on titanium alloys containing silicon additions. Ibid., 11, 6-15.
40. Shelyagin, V.D., Khaskin, V.Yu., Akhonin, S.V. et al. (2012) Peculiarities of laser-arc welding of titanium alloys. Ibid., 12, 32-36.
41. Shabdinov, M.L., Izmailova, G.M., Dzhemilov, E.Sh. (2011) Advanced aspects in application of laser thermal technology for welding and cutting of titanium alloys. Visnyk Khmelnyts. NU, 5, 31-34.
42. Taranova, T.G., Grigorenko, G.M., Akhonin, S.V. et al. (2013) Peculiarities of formation of structural and chemical heterogeneity in pressure-welded joints of experimental titanium alloys of Ti-Si-X system. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2013 in CIS, 214-220.
43. Seliverstov, A.G., Petrik, I.A., Tkachenko, Yu.M. et al. (2011) Examination of mechanical properties of VT3-1 alloy friction-welded joints. Kompres. i Energet. Mashinostroenie, 26(4), 41-44.
44. Petrik, I.A., Seliverstov, A.G., Ovchinnikov, A.V. (2014) Increase of properties of titanium alloy welded joints of rotor parts. Aviats.-Kosmich. Tekhnika i Tekhnologiya, 8, 25-29.
45. Blashchuk, V.E. (2004) Titanium: Alloys, welding, application. The Paton Welding J., 3, 30-37.
46. Golub, T.V., Kashevskaya, O.N., Zamkov, V.N. et al. (1990) Density of weld metal produced by different methods of welding on VT1-0 commercial titanium. Avtomatich. Svarka, 11, 31-33.
47. Edmilson Otoni Correa (2011) Weldability of iron based powder metal alloys using pulsed GTAW process, arc welding. http://www.intechopen.com/ books/arc-welding/weldabilityof-iron-based-powder-metal-alloys-using-pulsed
48. Pichugin, A.T., Fedirko, V.N., Lukianenko, A.G. et al. (2007) Influence of annealing factors on fatigue service life of welded joints of VT1-0 and PT7M titanium alloys. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2007 in CIS, 431-440.
49. Savvakin, D.G., Matvijchuk, M.V., Gumenyak, N.M. et al. (2011) Prospects of application of alloys produced by hybrid technology for medicine demand. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2011 in CIS, 183-186.
50. Talas, S., Dogan, M., Cakmakkaya, M. et al. (2014) The effect of voltage on the arc stud welding of microwave sintered Fe + Al powder mixture. Materials Research, 17(3).
51. Khrushchov, D.P., Lobasov, A.P., Remezova, E.A. et al. (2013) Information-prediction structural-lithologic numerical models of titanium-zirconium gravel deposits. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Ti-2013 in CIS, 83-91.