TPWJ, 2015, #2, 52-55 pages
MULTILAYER STRUCTURES OF INCREASED CRACK RESISTANCE FORMED BY EXPLOSION WELDING
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 2, 2015 (February)
R.P. Didyk And V.A. Kozechko
National Mining University. 19 Karl Marks Ave., 49027, Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Application of laminar structural materials is challenging in the solution of problem of increasing the reliability and life of heavy-loaded machines and equipment. The work deals with the possibility of application of explosion welding for producing myltilayer structures with a high reserve of crack resistance, achieved by control of composition and properties of the joining zone by adding barrier layers. As a barrier layer it was suggested to apply metals, not interacting in solid state or those, forming interstitial solid solutions (vanadium, copper, nickel). The analysis of test results of laminar specimens for low-cycle fatigue under conditions of pulsaring tensile cycle allowed establishing the kinetics of fatigue fracture, depending on structural state of interlayer interface of metal composition. It is shown that adding of an intermediate metal layer, characterized by greatly different properties and increased ductility, to the structure of composition leads to increase in crack resistance of material as compared to the similar equivalent. 5 Ref., 3 Figures.
explosion welding, laminar composite materials, multilayer structures, crack resistance of compositions, barrier layers, copper, zone of plastic deformation
1. Chepurko, M.I., Reznikov, E.A., Bujnovsky, A.M. et al. (1974) Bimetallic pipes. Moscow: Metallurgizdat.
2. Didyk, R.P. (2006) High-energy treatment of materials - Technology of 21st century. Tyazh. Mashinostroenie, 17-20.
3. Mali, V.I. (2010) Structural features of wave formation in explosive welding, 42-43. Moscow.
4. Bataev, I.A., Bataev, A.A., Mali V.I. (2010) Increase in impact strength of lamellar composites, produced by explosion welding method of steel plates. In: Zababakhin. Sci. Lectures (Snezhinsk), 24-28.
5. Kovalevsky, V.N. (1999) Assessment of working capacity of lamellar materials produced by explosion welding. In: Welding and related technologies: Transact., Issue 2.