TPWJ, 2015, #3/4, 69-73 pages
Manufacture of coaxial copper-aluminium rods using explosion welding and drawing
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 3/4, 2015 (March/April)
A.G. Bryzgalin1, L.D. Dobrushin1, P.S. Shlensky1, I.G. Lavrenko2 and I.M. Romashko2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
SE «Antonov». 1 Tupolev Str., 03082, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Replacement of copper during production of current-conducting busbars by aluminium clad with a thin layer of copper allows reducing metal intensity of products preserving the high electric conductivity. The technology of manufacture of coaxial copper-aluminium current-conducting rods using explosion welding and drawing was offered. The modes of heat treatment of rods after drawing were experimentally selected providing the required mechanical properties at a minimum number of forming intermetallics. The methods of calculation of sizes of initial billets providing obtaining the required geometric parameters of a product were described. The possibility of application of explosion reduction of billets instead of explosion welding is shown. 5 Ref., 2 Tables, 7 Figures.
copper-aluminium rods, electric conductivity, explosion welding, drawing, bimetal
1. GOST 434-78: Wire of rectangular section and copper busbars for electric engineering purposes. Technical assignment.
2. Kudinov, V.M., Koroteev, A.Ya. (1978) Explosion welding in metallurgy. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
3. Lysak, V.I., Kuzmin, S.V. (2005) Explosion welding. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
4. GOST 1579-93: Wire. Overbending tests.
5. GOST 7229-76: Cables, wires and cords. Method for determination of electric resistance of conductive cores and conductors.