TPWJ, 2015, #5-6, 5-9 pages
Experience in application of the european standards for qualification of surfacing procedures
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 5/6, 2015 (May/June)
E. Turyk1 And I.A. Rybtsev2
Institute of Welding. 16-18 B. Czeslaw Str., 44100, Gliwice, Poland. E-mail: email@example.com
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The experience of application of qualification of surfacing procedure in accordance with the European standards is described. Main terminology, used in standards, is given and explained. Qualification of welding (surfacing) works at the enterprise is carried out by the outside independent expert body with an accredited test laboratory of non-destructive and destructive testing. During qualification the testing of procedures of surfacing on standard test specimens in the form of plates or pipes is carried out preliminary. As an exception the qualification of surfacing procedures is allowed on non-standard test specimens simulating the part being surfaced. The quality of deposited test specimens is checked firstly by using the non-destructive methods of testing. At the positive results of these methods of testing the specimens are subjected to the destructive methods of testing. If after testing the inadmissible defects were not revealed, then the expert body makes a protocol about qualification of surfacing procedure WPQR. 5 Ref., 2 Tables, 8 Figures.
surfacing procedure, qualification, European standard, reference specimen, non-destructive testing, destructive testing
1. EN ISO 15614-7:2007: Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials. Welding procedure test. Pt7: Overlay welding.
2. EN ISO 15613: Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials. Qualification based on preproduction test.
3. ISO/TO 15608: Welding. Guidelines on system of grouping of metallic materials.
4. ISO 15614-1:2009: Spefification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials. Verification of welding procedure. Pt1: Arc and gas welding of steels and nickel alloys.
5. Kuzio, T. (2007) Kwalifikowanie technologii spawalniczych przez Instytut Spawalnictwa. Biuletyn Instytutu Spawalnictwa, 2, 50-54.