TPWJ, 2015, #5-6, 142-144 pages
Modeling of process of melting of electrodes with exothermal mixture in coating during repair welding and surfacing
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 5/6, 2015 (May/June)
A.M. Kushchy And A.F. Vlasov
Donbas State Machine Building Academy. 72 Shkadinov Str., 84313, Kramatorsk, Donetsk region, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application of high-production electrodes in welding-up of casting defects and repair of stands is still relevant up to present moment. Efficiency of surfacing process can be increased by using exothermal mixtures in coating. The work studies the possibility of optimizing fusion of electrode coating with iron powder containing scale of rolling industry and aluminum powder. Statistical model was proposed allowing optimizing content of exothermal mixture in coating for minimizing loss of electrode metal. 6 Ref., 6 Figures.
arc welding and surfacing, repair, coated electrodes, exothermal mixture, electrode melting, simulation
1. Vlasov, A.F., Makarenko, N.A., Kushchy, A.M. (2014) Heating and melting of electrodes with exothermic mixture in coating. The Paton Welding J., 6/7, 147-150. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.06.32
2. Vlasov, A.F., Kushchy, A.M. (2013) Improvement of high-efficient electrodes for manual arc welding and surfacing. In: Proc. of Int. Sci.-Techn. Conf. on University Science (Mariupol, GVUZ PGTU, 2013).
3. Yashcheritsyn, P.I. (1985) Planning of experiment in machine-building. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
4. Spiridonov, A.A. (1981) Planning of experiment in examination of technological processes. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
5. Zarubin, V.S. (2001) Mathematical modeling in technique: Manual for higher education institutions. Ed. by V.S. Zarubin, A.P. Krishchenko. Moscow: MGTU.
6. Borovikov, V.P. (2001) Statistica: Art of computer data analysis. For professionals. St.-Petersburg: Piter.