TPWJ, 2015, #5-6, 47-51 pages
Wear-resistant surfacing with feeding of nanopowders to weld pool
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue ¹ 5/6, 2015 (May/June)
V.D. Kuznetsov And D.V. Stepanov
NTUU «Kiev Polytechnic Institute». 37 Pobeda Ave., 03056, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experimental studies of wear resistance of deposited metal, produced with feeding of nanooxides to weld pool, are of interest, when searching for new methods to guarantee the high wear resistance of deposited metal for items exposed to friction in service. The paper presents the results of testing wear resistance of deposited metal of 40Kh13, 25KhG2S, 300Kh28M type, modified by aluminium, titanium and silicon nanooxides through the weld pool with different schemes of their feeding. It is shown that nanooxide feeding to weld pool leads to a noticeable increase of deposited metal wear resistance. 13 Ref., 8 Figures.
arc surfacing, wear resistance, nanooxides, nonmetallic inclusions, structure
1. Ryabtsev, I.A. (2004) Surfacing of machine and mechanism parts. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
2. Ryabtsev, I.A., Senchenkov, I.K. (2013) Theory and practice of surfacing operations. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
3. Lee, T.K., Kim, H.J., Kang, B.Y. et al. (2000) Effect of inclusion size on the nucleation of acicular ferrite in welds. ISIJ Int., 40, 1260-1268. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.40.1260
4. Golovko, V.V., Grigorenko, G.M., Kostin, V.A. (2011) Effect of nanoinclusions on structure formation of weld metal of ferritic-bainitic steels (Review). Zbirnyk Nauk. Prats NUK, 4, 42-49.
5. Golovko, V.V., Stepanyuk, S.M., Ermolenko, D.Yu. (2012) Investigation of effect of nanoformations in metal on weld microstructure formation and its mechanical properties. In: Building, materials science, machine-building, Issue 64, 155-159.
6. Golovko, V.V., Pokhodnya, I.K. (2013) Effect of non-metallic inclusions on formation of structure of the weld metal in high-strength low-alloy steels. The Paton Welding J., 6, 2-10.
7. Vanovsek, W., Bernhard, C., Fiedler, M. et al. (2013) Influence of aluminium content on the characterization of microstructure and inclusions in high-strength steel welds. Welding in the World, 57(1), 73-83. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40194-012-0008-0
8. Junseok Seo, Heejin Kim, Changhee Lee (2013) Effect of Ti addition on weld microstructure and inclusion characteristics of bainitic GMA welds. ISIJ Int., 53(5), 880-886. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.53.880
9. Yushchenko, K.A., Ustinov, A.I., Zadery, B.A. et al. (2010) Effect of nanofoil of Ni-NbC system on structure of electron beam welds in heat-resistant alloys. The Paton Welding J., 11, 2-7.
10. Kuznetsov, V.D., Smirnov, I.V., Stepanov, D.V. et al. (2013) Effect of modification by oxide nanoparticles on structure formation of low-alloy steel welds. Mizhvuz. Zbirnyk Naukovi Notatky, 41, Pt2, 61-68.
11. Kuzniecow, W., Szapowalow, K. (2014) Effect of nano-oxides on the structure and properties of low-alloy steel weld metal. Biuletyn Institutu Spawalnictwa, 5, 103-108.
12. Knyazkov, K.V., Radchenko, M.V., Smirnov, A.N. et al. (2012) Increase in properties of plasma-powder coatings by their modification with nanosized particles. Polzunovsky Vestnik, 1, 127-130.
13. Sokolov, G.N., Lysak, I.V., Troshkov, A.S. et al. (2009) Modification of deposited metal structure by nanodispersed tungsten carbides. Fizika i Khimiya Obrab. Materialov, 6, 41-47.