TPWJ, 2015, #5-6, 112-115 pages
Effect of alloying on physico-mechanical properties of fused tungsten carbides
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue ¹ 5/6, 2015 (May/June)
A.I. Bely1, A.P. Zhudra1, A.I. Roslyakov1, V.V. Petrov1 And P.I. Loboda2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NTUU «Kiev Polytechnic Institute». 37 Pobeda Ave., 03056, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: mail@KPI.ua
Studies of fused tungsten carbide alloying by NbC, Cr3C2, B4C, VC, TiB2, Mo, and of their influence on alloy physico-mechanical properties have been performed. It is shown that the alloy properties largely depend on dimensions and quantity of the reinforcing phase, which can change in a broad range during solidification, depending on melt composition and thermal conditions of solidification. It is established that the high values of physico-mechanical properties of fused carbides are achieved at alloy structures, which are a matrix of one of the refractory compounds, reinforced by fibres of the second refractory compound. Increase of microhardness of the alloy spherical particles by 30-40 %, as well as of strength and wear resistance, particularly at alloying with molybdenum, is found. 6 Ref., 7 Figures.
fused tungsten carbide, alloying, spherical particles, microhardness, microstructure, strength, wear resistance
1. Umansky, Ya.S. (1947) Carbides of hard alloys. Moscow: Metallurgizdat.
2. Samsonov, G.V., Umansky, Ya.S. (1957) Hard joints of hard metals. Moscow: Metallurgizdat.
3. Loboda, P.I. (2004) Physical-chemical principles of creation of new boride materials for electronic engineering and development of ceramic cathode assemblies with higher efficiency: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Sci. (Eng.) Degree. Kiev: KPI.
4. Bogomol, I., Vasylkiv, O., Sakka, Y. et al. (2010) Mechanism of nucleation and growth of directionally crystallized alloys of the B4C-MeB2 system. J. Alloys and Compounds, 490(1/2), 557-561. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2009.10.080
5. Yuzvenko, Yu.A. (1978) Study and development of materials and technology of mechanized open-arc surfacing: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Sci. (Eng.) Degree. Kiev: PWI.
6. Yuzvenko, Yu.A., Zhudra, A.P., Frumin, E.I. (1973) Abrasive wear of composite alloys. Avtomatich. Svarka, 7, 62-63.