TPWJ, 2015, #5-6, 116-120 pages
Double-layer surfacing compositions based on filling material of Cr-Ti-C alloying system
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 5/6, 2015 (May/June)
Oles Gonchar Dnepropetrovsk National University. 72 Gagarin Ave., 49010, Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
It was proposed in the work to use the method of furnace surfacing to produce double-layer macroheterogeneous compositions. It consists in successive impregnation of hard filler-alloy particles by two metal binder-alloys having different melting points. As a filler the Cr-Ti-C alloy is used, as binders the dispersion-hardening alloy of grade MNMts20-20 and hypoeutectic Fe-B-C alloy are used. As a result of impregnation a double-layer composition is produced, the layers of which are hardened by particles of the same filler, but having different composition of binder-alloy. It is shown that after furnace impregnation almost defect-free structure of double-layer compositions is formed, the porosity of which does not exceed 5-7 %. The comparison of dissolution rate of primary and peritectic phase of filler-alloy in melts based on copper and iron was made. Determined were the mechanical properties of layers of surfacing composition intended for hardening the parts operating under the conditions of non-uniform distribution of temperatures, stresses and deformations. 5 Ref. 3 Tables, 6 Figures.
furnace surfacing, double-layer surfacing compositions, interphase interaction, dissolution rate, mechanical properties
1. Netesa, I.V., Dudko, D.A., Maksimovich, B.I. et al. Method of wear-resistant surfacing. USSR author's cert. 562393. Int. Cl. B 23K 9/04, B 22 D 19/08. Fil. 18.07.75. Publ. 08.06.1977.
2. Sukhova, O.V., Spyrydonova, I.M., Butenko, V.F. et al. Method for production of composite material. Pat. 96921 UA. Int. Cl. B23K 35/00, C23C 28/00, C22C 29/08. Publ. 26.12.2011.
3. Spiridonova, I.M., Panasyuk, A.D., Sukhovaya, E.V. et al. (2011) Stability of composite materials. Dnepropetrovsk: Svidler.
4. Kosolapova, T.Ya. (1969) Carbides. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
5. Zakharov, A.M. (1980) Commercial alloys of nonferrous metals. Moscow: Metallurgiya.