TPWJ, 2015, #5-6, 124-129 pages
Effect of technological parameters of laser and laser-plasma alloying on properties of 38KhN3MFA steel layers
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 5/6, 2015 (May/June)
L.I. Markashova, V.D. Shelyagin, O.S. Kushnaryova And A.V. Bernatsky
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The results of investigations of structural-phase conditions in surface layers of structural steel 38KhN3MFA and their changes under different modes of strengthening by laser and laser-plasma alloying are given. Experimental investigations were used as a basis for analytical evaluation of differential input of all structures being formed in strengthening and their parameters (chemical composition, grain and subgrain structures, dislocation density, volume fraction of phase precipitates etc.) in change of strength characteristics of alloyed layers, conditions of crack formation promoted by formation of local internal stress concentrators, i.e. zones of nucleation and propagation of cracks, as well as mechanisms for relaxation of such type of stresses. 12 Ref., 6 Figures.
structural steel, working surface, laser and laser-plasma surface alloying, structure, substructure, phase precipitates, dislocation density, service properties of surfaces
1. Kurdyumov, V.Ya., Ryazanov, V.P. (1973) Repair of building machines by methods of welding and surfacing. Moscow: Strojizdat.
2. Teregulov, N.G., Sokolov, B.K., Varbanov, G. et al. (1993) Laser technologies at machine-building plant. Ufa: AN RB.
3. Markashova, L.I., Ishchenko, A.Ya., Kushnaryova, O.S. et al. (2012) Effect of structural-phase transformations in aluminium-lithium alloy 1460 joints on physical-mechanical properties. The Paton Welding J., 5, 17-25.
4. Markashova, L.I., Poznyakov, V.D., Gaivoronskii, A.A. et al. (2012) Estimation of the strength and crack resistance of the metal of railway wheels after long-term operation. Materials Sci., 47(6), 799-806. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11003-012-9458-1
5. Markashova, L.I., Kushnaryova, O.S. (2012) Welded joints of complexly-alloyed aluminium-lithium alloys. Structure and service properties. In: Building. Materials science. Machine-building: Transact., 64, 75-80. Dnepropetrovsk: PGASA.
6. Shelyagin, V.D., Markashova, L.I., Khaskin, V.Yu. et al. (2014) Laser and laser-microplasma alloying of surface of 38KhN3MFA steel specimens. The Paton Welding J., 2, 24-30. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.02.03
7. Honeycomb, R. (1972) Plastic deformation of metals. Moscow: Mir.
8. Gordienko, L.K. (1973) Ultrafine grain in metals. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
9. Petch, N.J. (1953) The cleavage strength of polycrystalline. J. Iron and Steel Inst., 173(1), 25-28.
10. Orowan, W. (1954) Dislocation in metals. New York: AIME.
11. Kelly, A., Nickolson, R. (1966) Precipitation hardening. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
12. Markashova, L., Kushnareva, O. (2014) Effect of structure on the mechanical properties of the metal of welded joints of aluminium alloys of the Al-Cu-Li system. Materials Sci., 49(5), 681-687. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11003-014-9662-2