TPWJ, 2015, #5-6, 134-139 pages
Calculation of fatigue life of cylindrical parts at multilayer surfacing and service cyclic thermomechanical loading
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue ¹ 5/6, 2015 (May/June)
I.K. Senchenkov1, O.P. Chervinko1 And I.A. Ryabtsev2
S.P. Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics, NASU.3 Nesterov Str., 03057, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Procedure was developed for calculation of residual stress-strain and microstructural state of cylindrical part at multilayer surfacing aver lateral surface as well as calculation of its thermomechanical state and fatigue life in further service cyclic thermomechanical loading. The procedure was developed in scope of common mathematical model based on theory of growing bodies, current model of viscoplastic non-isothermic flow, thermokinetic diagrams of decay of austenite, deposited and base metals considering residual stress-strain and structural state in single- and multilayer surfacing of parts by layers of different chemical composition, structure and thickness. It allows evaluating the fatigue life of deposited parts depending on value and relationship of service cyclic thermal and mechanical loads and on consumables applied for sublayer and wear-resistant layer. 21 Ref., 7 Figures.
multilayer surfacing, numerical simulation, residual surfacing stresses, cyclic thermomechanical loading, fatigue life
1. Ryabtsev, I.A. (2004) Surfacing of machine and mechanism parts. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
2. Ryabtsev, I.A., Senchenkov, I.K. (2013) Theory and practice of surfacing works. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
3. Arutyunyan, N.Kh., Drozdov, A.D., Naumov, V.E. (1987) Mechanics of growing viscoelastoplastic bodies. Moscow: Nauka.
4. Senchenkov, I.K., Lobanov, L.M., Chervinko, O.P. et al. (1998) Principles of relative longitudinal displacements of plates in butt electric welding. Doklady NANU, 66-70.
5. Senchenkov, I.K. (2005) Thermomechanical models of growing cylindrical bodies from physically nonlinear materials. Prikl. Mekhanika, 41(9), 118-126.
6. Senchenkov, I.K., Chervinko, O.P., Banyas, M.V. (2013) Modeling of thermomechanical process in growing viscoplastic bodies with accounting of microstructural transformation: Encyclopedia of Thermal Stresses. Springer Ref., Vol. 6, 3147-3157.
7. Senchenkov, I., Chervinko, O., Turyk, E. et al. (2008) Examination of the thermomechanical state of cylindrical components deposed with layers of austenitic and martensitic steels. Welding Int., 22(7), 457-464. https://doi.org/10.1080/09507110802352340
8. Krempl, E. (2000) Viscoplastic models for high temperature applications. Int. J. Solids and Structures, 37, 279-291. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7683(99)00093-1
9. Bodner, S.R. (2000) Unified plasticity - an engineering approach (Final report). Haifa: IIT.
10. Senchenkov, I.K., Zhuk, Ya.A., Tabieva, G.A. (1998) Thermodynamically consistent modifications of generalized models of thermoviscoplasticity. Prikl. Mekhanika, 34(4), 53-60.
11. Senchenkov, I.K., Chervinko, O.P., Dolya, E.V. (2014) Modeling of residual stress-strain and micro-structural state of cylinder in growing along lateral surface with melted metal layers. Teoriya i Prikl. Mekhanika, Issue 8(54), 34-44.
12. Popov, A.A., Popova, L.E. (1961) Handbook of heat-treater. Isothermal and thermokinetics diagrams of overcooled austenite decay. M.-S.: GNTI Mashinostrit. L-ry.
13. Koistinen, D.R., Marburger, R.E. (1959) A general equation prescribing the extent of austenite-martensite transformation in pure iron-carbon alloys and carbon steel. Acta Metall., 7, 56-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-6160(59)90170-1
14. Radaj, D. (2003) Welding residual stresses and distortion: Calculation and measurement. Dusseldorf: DVS.
15. Makhnenko, V.I. (2006) Safety life of welded joints and assemblies of modern structures. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
16. Inone, T. (2011) Mechanics and characteristics of transformation plasticity and metallo-thermo-mechanical process simulations. Proced. Eng., 10, 3793-3798. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2011.06.001
17. Dulnev, P.A., Kotov, P.I. (1980) Thermal fatigue of metals. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
18. Troshchenko, B.T., Sosnovsky, L.A. (1987) Fatigue resistance of metals and alloys: Refer. Book, Pt 1. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
19. Bezukhov, N.I., Bazhanov, V.L., Goldenblat, I.I. et al. (1965) Calculations of strength, stability and vibration under high-temperature conditions. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
20. (2003) Reference book on grades of steels and alloys. Ed. by A.S. Zubchenko. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
21. Johnson, K.L. (1989) Contact mechanics. Moscow: Mir.