TPWJ, 2016, #2, 9-13 pages
Microstructural features of multilayer welds with different hot cracking sensitivity
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 2, 2016 (February)
K.A. Yushchenko, L.I. Markashova, A.V. Zvyagintseva, Yu.A. Khokhlova, O.S. Kushnaryova And N.O. Chervyakov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The work deals with multilayer welds made with Inconel 52 wire, which have a high sensitivity to formation of hot ductility dip cracks in the heat-affected zone, and welds made with 52MSS wire, which turned out to be insensitive to formation of this type of cracks at a certain level of strain rates. Changes of structural characteristics of welds made with the above wires were studied by the methods of transmission microscopy, X-ray microprobe analysis, microhardness measurement, as well as electron backscatter diffraction. 9 Ref., 2 Tables, 8 Figures.
multilayer surfacing, ductility dip cracks, nickel alloys, dislocation density, stacking fault energy, microhardness
- Panin, V.E., Egorushkin, V.E. (2008) Nonequilibrium thermodynamics of deformed solid as a multilevel system. Wave-corpuscle dualism of plastic shear. Mezomekhanika, 11, 9–30.
- Torres, E.A., Peternella, F.G., Caram, R. et al. (2010) In situ scanning electron microscopy high temperature deformation experiments to study ductility dip cracking of Ni–Cr–Fe alloys. In: In-situ studies with phonons, neutrons and electrons scattering, 28. Berlin; Heidelberg: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-14794-4_3
- Yushchenko, K., Savchenko, V., Chervyakov, N. et al. (2011) Comparative hot cracking evaluation of welded joints of alloy 690 using filler metals Inconel® 52 and 52MSS. Welding in the World, 55(9/10), 28–35. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03321317
- Lippold, J.C., Kotecki, D.J. (2005) Welding metallurgy and weldability of stainless steels. John Wiley & Sons.
- Yushchenko, K.A., Savchenko, V.S., Chervyakov, N.O. et al. (2014) Investigation of cracking susceptibility of austenitic material using PVR-test procedure. The Paton Welding J., 6/7, 10–13. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.06.02
- Hirsch, P., Howie, A., Nickolson, R. et al. (1968) Electron microscopy of thin crystals. Moscow: Mir.
- Thomas, G. (1963) Electron microscopy of metals. Moscow: IL.
- Gorelik, S.S., Rostarguev, L.N., Skakov, Yu.A. (1970) X-ray and electrooptic analyses. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
- Collins, M.G., Ramirez, A.I., Lippold, J.C. (2004) An investigation of ductility-dip cracking in nickel-based weld metals. Pt 3. Welding J., 2, 39–49.