Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #2, 2016, pp. 14-18
Microstructural features of multilayer welds with different hot cracking sensitivity
K.A. Yushchenko, L.I. Markashova, A.V. Zvyagintseva, Yu.A. Khokhlova, O.S. Kushnaryova And N.O. Chervyakov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The work deals with multilayer welds made with Inconel 52 wire, which have a high sensitivity to formation of hot ductility dip cracks in the heat-affected zone, and welds made with 52MSS wire, which turned out to be insensitive to formation of this type of cracks at a certain level of strain rates. Changes of structural characteristics of welds made with the above wires were studied by the methods of transmission microscopy, X-ray microprobe analysis, microhardness measurement, as well as electron backscatter diffraction. 9 Ref., 2 Tables, 8 Figures.
multilayer surfacing, ductility dip cracks, nickel alloys, dislocation density, stacking fault energy, microhardness
- Panin, V.E., Egorushkin, V.E. (2008) Nonequilibrium thermodynamics of deformed solid as a multilevel system. Wave-corpuscle dualism of plastic shear. Mezomekhanika, 11, 9–30.
- Torres, E.A., Peternella, F.G., Caram, R. et al. (2010) In situ scanning electron microscopy high temperature deformation experiments to study ductility dip cracking of Ni–Cr–Fe alloys. In: In-situ studies with phonons, neutrons and electrons scattering, 28. Berlin; Heidelberg: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-14794-4_3
- Yushchenko, K., Savchenko, V., Chervyakov, N. et al. (2011) Comparative hot cracking evaluation of welded joints of alloy 690 using filler metals Inconel® 52 and 52MSS. Welding in the World, 55(9/10), 28–35. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03321317
- Lippold, J.C., Kotecki, D.J. (2005) Welding metallurgy and weldability of stainless steels. John Wiley & Sons.
- Yushchenko, K.A., Savchenko, V.S., Chervyakov, N.O. et al. (2014) Investigation of cracking susceptibility of austenitic material using PVR-test procedure. The Paton Welding J., 6/7, 10–13. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.06.02
- Hirsch, P., Howie, A., Nickolson, R. et al. (1968) Electron microscopy of thin crystals. Moscow: Mir.
- Thomas, G. (1963) Electron microscopy of metals. Moscow: IL.
- Gorelik, S.S., Rostarguev, L.N., Skakov, Yu.A. (1970) X-ray and electrooptic analyses. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
- Collins, M.G., Ramirez, A.I., Lippold, J.C. (2004) An investigation of ductility-dip cracking in nickel-based weld metals. Pt 3. Welding J., 2, 39–49.