Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #2, 2016, pp. 7-13
Calculation and experimental research of static and dynamic volt-ampere characteristics of argon arc with refractory cathode
V.N. Sydorets, I.V. Krivtsun, V.F. Demchenko, I.V. Krikent, D.V. Kovalenko, I.V. Kovalenko And A.G. Pavlov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Well-grounded selection of optimum modes of non-consumable pulse-arc welding requires investigation of dynamics of pulsed arc burning. Proposed earlier model of nonstationary arc with distributed parameters, due to large computing expenses, allows considering effect on arc of only single current pulse. Whereas, investigation of dynamic characteristics of the arc in supply of batches of high-frequency pulses of welding current is of practical interest. In this connection, it is interesting to develop an arc dynamic model with lumped parameters, which does not have limitations from point of view of amount of computations and allows high accuracy tracing of the dynamics of change of characteristics in arc with refractory cathode at high-frequency current modulation. The same data were received for comparison using calculation method based on the model with distributed parameters. Arc column time constant was determined based on calculation data of dynamics of arc voltage change, received employing the model with distributed parameters. In total complex of carried research and experimental investigations allowed working out an algorithms of application of the model with lumped parameters and identifying them. The results are given on expemental investigations of dynamics of change of current and arc voltage in high-frequency non-consumable pulse-arc welding, which are matched with the results of calculations using the model with lumped parameters. 14 Ref., 1 Table, 8 Figures.
pulse-arc welding, non-consumable electrode welding, high-frequency pulses, dynamic characteristics of arc, nonstationary arc, arc column, argon arc, refractory cathode
- Gurevich, S.M., Zamkov, V.N., Kushnirenko, N.A. (1965) Increase of penetration efficiency of titanium alloys in argon arc welding. Svarka, 9, 1–4.
- Yushchenko, K.A., Kovalenko, D.V., Kovalenko, I.V. (2001) Application of activators for TIG welding of steels and alloys. The Paton Welding J., 7, 37–43.
- Steen, W.M., Eboo, M. (1979) Arc augmented laser welding. Metal Construction, 11(7), 332–335.
- Lu, S., Fujii, H., Nogi, K. (2004) Marangoni convection and weld shape variations in Ar–O2 and Ar–CO2 shielded GTA welding. Materials Sci. and Eng. A, 380(1/2), 290–297. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2004.05.057
- Krivtsun, I.V., Krikent, I.V., Demchenko, V.F. (2013) Modelling of dynamic characteristics of a pulsed arc with refractory cathode. The Paton Welding J., 7, 13–23.
- Krivtsun, I.V., Demchenko, V.F., Krikent, I.V. (2010) Model of the processes of heat-, mass- and charge transfer in the anode region and column of the welding arc with refractory cathode. Ibid., 6, 2–9.
- Sanders, N.A., Pfender, E. (1984) Measurement of anode falls and anode heat transfer in atmospheric pressure high intensity arcs. Appl. Phys., 55(3), 714–722. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.333129
- Krikent, I.V., Krivtsun, I.V., Demchenko, V.F. (2012) Modelling of processes of heat-, mass- and electric transfer in column and anode region of arc with refractory cathode. The Paton Welding J., 3, 2–6.
- Krikent, I.V., Krivtsun, I.V., Demchenko, V.F. (2014) Simulation of electric arc with refractory cathode and evaporating anode. Ibid., 9, 17–24. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.09.02
- Krivtsun, I.V., Krikent, I.V., Demchenko, V.F. et al. (2015) Interaction of CO2-laser radiation beam with electric arc plasma in hybrid (laser + TIG) welding. Ibid., 3/4, 6–15. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.04.01
- Uhrlandt, D., Baeva, M., Kozakov, R. et al. (2013) Cathode fall voltage of TIG arcs from a non-equilibrium arc model. In: IIW Doc. 2500. SG 212 on Physics of Welding.
- Sidorets, V.N., Pentegov, I.V. (2013) Deterministic chaos in nonlinear circuits with electric arc. Kiev: IAW.
- Trofimov, N.M., Sinitsky, R.V. (1967) Dynamic characteristics of pulsed arc in argon arc welding. Proizvodstvo, 8, 18–19.
- Sokolov, O.I., Gladkov, E.A. (1977) Dynamic characteristics of free-burning and constricted welding arcs of direct current with nonconsumable electrode. Ibid., 4, 3–5.