TPWJ, 2016, #5-6, 35-42 pages
Technology and equipment for electron beam welding of structures in aerospace industry
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 5-6, 2016 (May-June)
V.M. Nesterenkov And K.S. Khripko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Electron beam welding is one of the leading technological processes used in development of structures for aerospace industry. For many years PWI has taken leading positions in development of specialized equipment for EBW. The paper provides description of different types of developed units, differing by overall dimensions of welding chamber, as well as variants of chambers and configurations of vacuum systems, displacement mechanisms of the EB gun or item being welded. All the units are fitted with modern systems of control of equipment included into them. Samples of aerospace products manufactured by EBW are given. 6 Ref., 16 Figures.
electron beam welding, aerospace industry products, units, welding chambers, chamber overall dimensions, vacuum system, displacement mechanisms, control systems, welded components
- Nazarenko, O.K., Kajdalov, A.A., Kovbasenko, S.N. et al. (1987) Electron beam welding. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Ilyushenko, R., Nesterenkov, V. (2006) Novel technique for joining of thick section difficult-to-weld aluminium alloys. In: of 10th Int. Conf. on Aluminium Alloys (Vancouver, Canada, July 9–13, 2006), Vol. 519–521, 1125–1130. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/msf.519-521.1125
- Paton, B.E., Nazarenko, O.K., Nesterenkov, V.M. et al. (2004) Computer control of electron beam welding with multi-coordinate displacements of the gun and workpiece. The Paton Welding J., 5, 2–5.
- Akopiants, K.S., Nesterenkov, V.M., Nazarenko, O.K. (2002) Electron beam welding of 60 mm thick steels using longitudinal oscillations of beam. Ibid., 9, 2–4.
- Nazarenko, O.K. (2008) Up-to-date equipment of the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute for electron beam welding. Ibid., 10, 31–35.
- Bondarev, A.A., Nesterenkov, V.M. (2013) Examination of weldability of MA2 magnesium alloy by electron beam in vacuum. Mashinostroenie, 2, 21–28.