TPWJ, 2016, #5-6, 29-34 pages
Technology and equipment for press magnetically-impelled arc welding of position joints of small-diameter pipes in site and stationary conditions
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 5-6, 2016 (May-June)
V.S. Kachinsky, S.I. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, M.P. Koval And E.I. Goncharenko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Increase in the quality of welding of position butts of pipes in site conditions is a challenging task. The aim of the work was the development of technology and equipment for press magnetically-impelled arc welding (PMAW) of position butts of pipes of 18–64 mm diameter with wall thickness of up to 5 mm, which is used for pipes of air ducts of railway cars, pipelines in the repair and construction of greenhouse complexes and other purposes of industrial application. The adaptive system for automatic control of energy input at PMAW and the pipe welding technology on its basis under the conditions providing a stable quality of joints were developed. The technology of PMAW of pipes of 18–64 mm diameter in the field conditions was developed based on the method of automatic control of gap between the pipe being welded, providing a stable energy input during welding. The new generation of equipment was designed, manufactured and passed the industrial tests for PMAW of pipes of 18–64 mm diameter in the field conditions using the systems of automatic control of main parameters of the process. 8 Ref., 3 Tables, 12 Figures.
press welding with magnetically-impelled arc, induction of controlling magnetic field, pipelines
- Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Kachinsky, V.S., Ignatenko, V.Yu. et al. (2010) Magnetically-impelled arc butt welding of automobile parts. Welding J., 55(2nd Quart.), 40–48.
- Ganovski, F.J. (1974) The magnetarc welding process. Welding Metal Fabr., 5, 206–213.
- Edson, D.A. (1982) Magnetically impelled arc butt welding of thick wall tubes: IIW Doc. 726–82, July, 726.
- Takagi, K., Arakida, F. (1982) Magnetically impelled arc butt welding of gas pipeline. Metal Constr., 10, 542–548.
- Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Kachinsky, V.S., Ignatenko, V.Yu. et al. (2010) Magnetically-impelled arc butt welding of pipes of steel X70. Welding J., 55(2nd Quart.), 20–22.
- Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Kachinskiy, V.S., Ignatenko, V.Yu. et al. Method of magnetically impelled arc butt welding. Pat. 6.211.489 BI US. Pat. 03.04.2001.
- Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Kachinsky, V.S., Koval, M.P. Method of press welding. Pat. 100278 Ukraine. Reg. 10.12.2012.
- Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Kachinsky, V.S., Galakhov, M.V. et al. Machine for pressure welding of pipes with heating by magnetically-impelled arc. 95360 Ukraine. Reg. 25.12.2014.