TPWJ, 2016, #11, 43-46 pages
Device for excitation and stabilization of welding arc
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #11, 2016 (November)
V.V. Burlaka and S.V. Gulakov
State Higher Educational Establishment «Pre-Azov State Technical University» (PSTU) 7 Universitetskaya Str., 87500, Mariupol, Ukraine. Е-mail: offiсе@рstu.edu
The circuit design of the device for formation of increased voltage was proposed, providing facilitation of ignition and stabilization of welding arc burning at direct/alternating current. The device operates according to the algorithm Lift-Arc and provides ignition of the arc at a minimum required power due to limitation of rate of voltage growth at the arc gap. For safe operation the time limit for action of higher voltage was also introduced. Due to application of the advanced elementary base it was possible to simplify the electric circuit of the device for arc stabilization at maintaining the high consumer properties. 10 Ref., 5 Figures.
electric arc, welding, arc ignition, stabilization of arc burning, welding inverter, open-circuit voltage
- Solodsky, S.A., Brunov, O.G., Ilyashchenko, D.P. (2012) Power sources for arc welding. Tomsk: TPU.
- Belinsky, S.M., Garbul, A.F., Gusakovsky, V.G. et al. (1986) Equipment for arc welding: Refer. Book. Ed. by V.V. Smirnov. Leningrad: Energoatomizdat.
- Andrianov, A.A., Sidorets, V.N. (2009) Optimization of conditions for stabilizing of alternating current welding arc. Elektrotekhnika i Elektromekhanika, 2, 5–8.
- Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, A.E. (2014) Analysis and procedure of calculation of series connection electronic devices for contactless arc excitation. The Paton Welding J., 1, 30–40. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.01.05
- Paton, B.E., Zaruba, I.I., Dymenko, V.V. et al. (2007) Welding power sources with pulsed stabilizing of burning arc. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
- Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky. A.E. (2015) Asynchronous exciters and stabilizers of welding arc. Analysis and design procedure. Pt 1. The Paton Welding J., 3/4, 24–35. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.04.03
- Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, A.E. (2015) Asynchronous exciters and stabilizers of welding arc. Analysis and calculation procedure. Pt 2. Ibid., 7, 26–37. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.07.05
- Makhlin, N.M. (2015) Peculiarities of contactless ignitions of alternating current arc. Ibid., 10, 29–35. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.10.05
- Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, O.E., Skopyuk, M.I. Device for excitation and stabilizing of process of alternating current arc burning. 109334 Ukraine. Int. Cl. K B23K 9/067(2006.01); B23K 9/073 (2006.01). Fil. 14.01.2014; Publ. 10.08.2015.
- Korotynsky, O.E., Skopyuk, M.I. Pulsed plasma source. Pat. 86432 Ukraine. Int. Cl. K B23K 9/00 (2009). 28.02.2007; Publ. 27.04.2009.