TPWJ, 2017, #3, 2-6 pages
Application of additive electron beam technologies for manufacture of parts of VT1-0 titanium alloy powders
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #3, 2017 (March)
, V.A. Matvejchuk1
, M.O. Rusynik1
and A.V. Ovchinnikov2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zaporozhye National Technical University
64 Zhukovskogo Str., 09063, Zaporozhye, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The possibility was investigated of application of hydration-dehydration (HDH) titanium powders of domestic production for manufacture of parts using additive electron beam melting on SV-212M installations. HDH powder of commercially pure VT1-0 grade titanium was used for investigations. The elements of technology of part manufacture by 3D layer-by-layer deposition were developed. Part specimens of set shape and 12?12?100 mm size were produced and investigated. Structures of deposited layers were investigated. Absence of porosity and lack of fusion in the produced specimens of the part was noted. The possibility is shown of development of the set shape parts by additive electron beam deposition methods using VT1-0 titanium powder of domestic production. 9 Ref., 1 Table, 12 Figures.
electron beam, layer, additive technologies, titanium powder, structure
- Petrik, I.A., Ovchinnikov, A.V., Seliverstov, A.G. (2015) Development of titanium alloy powders for additive technologies applicable to GTE parts. -Kosmich. Tekhnika i Tekhnologiya, 8, 11–16.
- Smurov, I.Yu. et al. Development of domestic additive technologies for manufacturing and control of critical machine-building parts: Abstract-presentaion. FGBOU VPO NGTU STANKIN.
- Nazarenko, O.K. et al. (1987) Electron beam welding. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Paton, B.E., Nazarenko, O.K., Nesterenkov, V.M. et al. (2004) Computer control of electron beam welding with multi-coordinate displacements of the gun and workpiece. The Paton Welding J., 5, 2–5.
- Akhonin, S.V., Vrzhizhevsky, E.L., Belous, V.Yu. et al. (2016) Electron beam 3D-deposition of titanium parts. Ibid., 5/6, 130–133. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.06.22
- Ivasyshyn, O.M. et al. (2011) Surface phenomena in heating of hydride titanium powder. Fizyka i Khimiya Tverdogo Tila, 12(4), 900–907.
- Zhukov, V.V., Grigorenko, G.M., Shapovalov, V.A. (2016) Additive manufacturing of metal products. The Paton Welding J., 5/6, 137–142. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.06.24
- (2017) Manufacturing of powders of hydrated sponge titanium. SE SRD Titanium Institute. http://timag.org/ru_propose.php
- Olshanetsky, V.E. et al. (2015) Compactibility of powder materials with different shape of particles. Novye Materialy i Tekhnologii v Metallurgii i Mashinostroenii, 1, 130–133.