TPWJ, 2017, #3, 49-51 pages
Forward inverter source with increased power factor
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #3, 2017 (March)
V.V. Burlaka, S.V. Gulakov and S.K. Podnebennaya
Pryazovskyi State Technical University
7 Universitetskaya Str., 875000, Mariupol, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A paper proposes a circuit design of single-phase forward inverter source with increased power factor. A peculiarity of the source is absence of additional power inductive components, reduced capacity of storage capacitor in direct current circuit and simplified limit circuit of its charging current. The source has increased open circuit voltage, which does not depend on mains voltage and allows providing easier arc ignition in manual arc welding. Current consumed from mains is 30–45 % lower than in «classical» inverter sources without power factor corrector due to increased power factor. 11 Ref., 1 Figure.
power factor, welding, welding inverter, source, arc ignition, arc burning stabilizing, open circuit voltage
- Korotynsky, A.E. (2002) State-of-the-art, tendencies and prospects of development of high-frequency welding converters (Review). The Paton Welding J., 7, 44.
- Pentegov, I.V. et al. (2012) Electromagnetic compatibility of electric arc power sources. Elektrotekhnika i Elektromekhanika, 3, 34–40.
- Rymar, S.V., Zhernosekov, A.M., Sydorets, V.N. (2011) Influence of welding power sources on three-phase mains. The Paton Welding J., 10, 40–45.
- Lebedev, V.K. (1995) Tendencies of development of arc welding power sources. Svarka, 5, 3–6.
- Zaruba, I.I., Andreev, V.V., Stepakhno, V.I. et al. (2011) Ways of increasing the technological efficiency of rectifiers for mechanized welding and surfacing (Review). The Paton Welding J., 11, 37–40.
- Lebedev, A.V. (2012) Transistor power sources for electric arc welding (Review). Ibid., 9, 30–36.
- Lebedev, V.K. (2004) Tendencies in development of power sources and control systems (based on materials of US patents). Ibid., 1, 37–45.
- Galperin, V., Kolesnik, D. (2008) Ensuring of electromagnetic compatibility of industrial processing equipment. Elektrooborudovanie: Ekspluatatsiya i Remont, 7, 8–12.
- Rozanov, Yu.K. (1987) Semiconductor converters with higher frequency link. Moscow: Energoatomizdat.
- Galvery, W.L., Marlow, F.M. (2006) Welding essentials: Questions & answers. Industrial Press.
- Potapievsky, A.G., Saraev, Yu.N., Chinakhov, D.A. (2012) Consumable electrode gas-shielded welding of steels. In: Engineering and technology of future. Tomsk: TPU.