TPWJ, 2017, #5-6, 19-26 pages
Concept of creation of an improved artifical intelligence system and computerized trainer for virtual welding
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #5-6, 2017 (May-June)
Juihuei Yao1, S.I. Peleshenko1, V.N. Korzhik2, V.Yu. Khaskin2, V.V. Kvasnitsky3
ShenzhengWeihan Science and Technology Co., Ltd., A4 Building 1001 Xuan Ave., 518071, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, China
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NTUU «Igor Sikorsky KPI» 37 Pobedi Prosp., 03056, Kiev, Ukraine
One of the effective ways to solve the problem of shortage of highly qualified welders is application of virtual welding systems for their training. Such systems are based on artificial intelligence, used to develop a computerized trainer fitted with an interface adapted to learning objectives. Now already such systems enhance the training capabilities through increasing the number of modeled welding technologies and welding techniques. It can be anticipated that in the future they will help various institutions to significantly reduce the cost of training specialists. The objective of the work was creation of artificial intelligence for training welders, allowing development of a virtual system for real-time training in welding with functions of prediction and modeling of morphology, as well as intellectual evaluation of weld quality. Performance of work led to development of an artificial intelligence system for a network of welding trainers V60, having the following advantages: capability of modeling a realistic appearance and quality of weld; capability of modeling the stress-strain state of welded parts and temperature fields in real time; data base for modeling a large number of welding technologies and applied materials; capability of modeling 3D printing processes; availability of a system for virtual testing and analysis of welded part quality; certification system; entertainment module; access to expert department and high cost-effectiveness. It was found that the quality of welding process simulation by virtual trainer depends on the graphic component speed and it is the higher, the higher the level of taking into account the thermal impact of welding source on heating of the sample being welded and the arising stress-strain state. 13 Ref., 1 Table, 10 Figures.
welding trainer, manual arc welding, nonconsumable arc welding, consumable arc welding, artificial intelligence, virtual welding
- Lipodaev, V.N. (2014) Problems of organizing of welding works in Ukraine. New technologies and equipment for high quality welding: Seminar. Svarka, 1, 68–71.
- Paton, B.E., Korotynsky, A.E., Bogdanovsky, V.A. et al. (2010) Information technologies in training of welders and specialists of welding production: Current tendencies. Svarka i Diagnostika, 1, 10–15.
- Paton, B.E., Bogdanovsky, V.A., Vasiliev, V.V. et al. (1988) Electronic simulator systems in welding. Svarka, 5, 45–48.
- http://www.svarkainfo.ru/rus/lib/blog/?year=2011-06&docId=1044: Application of welding simulators in training of welding specialists.
- Keitel, S., Ahrens, C., Moll, H. (2014) Computer-based technologies and their influence on welding education. The Paton Welding J., 10, 51–55. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.10.10
- (2014) IIW Commission XIV Workshop success: Showcasing latest international developments in welding training systems. Australasian Welding J., 59, 18–22.
- http://stc-paton.com/rus/services/simulator06: Training of personnel of welding production and certification of products of welding and related productions. Welding simulators for electric arc welding. Simulator TSDS-06M.
- http://avtograph-oem.ru/press-center/news/prezentaciya_virtualnogo_trenazhera_svarwika_soldamatic: Presentation of virtual welding simulator Soldamatic.
- http://www.lincolnelectric.com/ru-ru/equipment/trainingequipment/Documents/VRTEX_360_brochure_rus.pdf: Virtual welding simulator VRTEX 360.
- http://tctena.ru/stati/virtual_welding: Welded joints in world of virtual education.
- http://www.ruspromsoft.ru/solutions/education/weldingtrainer: Virtual welding simulator Volzhanka-1.
- https://www.vive.com/ru/product: System of virtual reality Vive.
- http://fb.ru/article/178300/igrovoy-dvijok-unity-d-porusski: Ilyushenko, H. Playing slide Unity. Unity 3D.