TPWJ, 2017, #5-6, 14-18 pages
Some problems of robotization of gas-shielded consumable Electrode arc welding
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #5-6, 2017 (May-June)
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Robotization of gas-shielded consumable electrode arc welding provokes a series of problems. They are caused by necessity to equip welding robots with special sensing devices, which could communicate information on real process of arc welding to control system in very complicated for observation conditions. This work considers the possibilities of practical application of arc sensors, which in contrast to other sensing devices do not need special protection from light and heat flows, spattering of molten metal and intensive emission of fumes in measurement zone itself. Given are analytical relationships for numerical evaluation of welding tool deviation from joint line on the results of current measurements coming from the arc sensor. These relationships can be used for construction of algorithms of automatic correction of welding tool movement directly in process of arc welding. 29 Ref., 3 Figures.
robotization of arc welding, consumable electrode, electric-arc adaptive systems
- Gettert, V., Gerden, G., Huettner, H. et al. (1988) Welding operations. Noscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Ushio, M. (1991) Sensors in welding. of JWRI, 20(2), 157–163.
- Cook, G.E. (1983) Robotic arc welding: Research in sensory feedback control. IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron, IE-30, 3, 252–268. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.1983.356736
- Kisilevsky, F.N., Dolinenko, V.V. (1986) Determination of transverse displacement of torch relative to joint in welding with oscillations. Informatsionnye Materialy SEV, 1, 37–41.
- Fujimura, H., Joint, H. (1987) Joint tracking control sensor of GMAW. of JWS, 58(1), 32–40.
- Tsybulkin, G.A., Timchenko, V.A., Vlasov, O.V. (1990) Joint tracking device in arc welding. USSR authors’ cert. 1586873.
- Yongyi, A., Li, Y. (1991) Arc sensor used in MIG/MAG weld tracking. China Weld. Inst., 12(3), 155–160.
- Kim, I.W., Na, S.J. (1991) A study on an arc sensor for gas metal arc welding of horizontal fillets. Welding Research Suppl., 8, 216–221.
- Inoue, K., Zhang, J., Kang, M. (1991) Analysis of detection sensitivity of arc sensor in welding process. of JWRI, 20(2), 53–56.
- Tsybulkin, G.A. (1992) Joint tracking device. USSR author’s cert. 1706796.
- Kim, I.W., Na, S.J. (1993) A self-organizing fuzzy control approach to arc sensor for weld joint tracking in gas metal arc welding of butt joints. Welding Research Suppl., 2, 60–65.
- Dilthey, U., Stein, L., Oster, M. (1996) Through-the-arc sensing – An universal and multipurpose sensor for arc welding automation. J. for the Joining of Materials, 8(1), 6–12.
- Sugitani, Y. (2000) Making best use of the arc sensor. of JWS, 69(2), 46–50.
- Karpov, V.S., Panarin, V.M., Pomelov, D.S. (2000) Study of harmonic components of welding current in welding of various joints. Proizvodstvo, 8, 3–7.
- Kim, C.H., Na, S. J. (2001) Development of rotating GMA welding system and its application to arc sensor. In: of 11th Int. Conf. on Computer Tech. in Welding (Columbus, USA), 46–50.
- Akulovich, L.M., Bukhovets, E.K., Stolovich, A.Yu. (2001) Arc tracking system of weld line. In: of 2nd Int. Symp. on Welding and Related Technologies: World Experience and Achievements (Minsk, Belarus, 2001), 136–137.
- Dilthey, U., Gollnick, J., Paul, C. (2002) Erweiterung der Einsatzgebiete von Lichtbogensensoren. Praktiker, 5, 164–168.
- Savu, I.D. (2003) Building of the reference signal for the through-the-arc sensor systems function in two wires GMA welding. Sudura, XIII, 28–41.
- Yoo, W.S. et al. (2006) End point detection of fillet weld using mechanized rotating arc sensor in GMAW. Welding J., 8, 180–187.
- Tsybulkin, G.A. (2011) Arc sensor systems for welding robots. Kiev: Stal.
- Steklov, O.I. (1986) Principles of welding production. Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola.
- (1974) Technology of electric fusion welding of metals and alloys. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Tsybulkin, G.A. (2014) Adaptive control in arc welding. Kiev: Stal.
- Kuntsevich, V.M. (1961) Systems of extreme control. Kiev: Gosizdat Tekhn. Literatury Ukr.SSR.
- Krasovsky, A.A. (1963) Dynamics of continuous self-regulated systems. Moscow: Fizmatgiz.
- Rastrigin, L.A. (1974) Systems of extreme control. Moscow: Nauka.
- Chaki, F. (1975) Modern control theory. Nonlinear, optimum and adaptive systems. Moscow: Mir.
- Tsybulkin, G.A. (1999) To evaluation of in-process electrode displacement from line of joint being welded. Svarka, 12, 53–54.
- Kharkevich, A.A. (1965) Noise control. Moscow: Nauka.