TPWJ, 2017, #5-6, 34-36 pages
Computer system for automatic control of arc surfacing processes using electrode wires
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #5-6, 2017 (May-June)
I.A. Ryabtsev, V.G. Soloviov, Yu.N. Lankin and A.A. Babinets
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A computer system for automatic control of processes of arc surfacing by electrode wires was developed. The use of a computer system in the appropriate surfacing equipment enables the operator to perform selection of arc surfacing method (under flux, with open arc or in shielding gases); selection of the type of electrode material, its grade and dimensions; to set, automatically maintain, control and record the set parameters of surfacing modes of a part, providing the necessary operational properties and geometric dimensions of deposited layers. With the accumulation of relevant databases on surfacing of parts of different purpose, dimensions and configuration, the use of the developed computer control system will significantly improve the efficiency of arc surfacing processes. 9 Ref., 4 Figures.
arc surfacing, automation of surfacing processes, surfacing technology, computer systems for surfacing control, surfacing power consumption
- Demchenko, V.F., Kozlitina, S.S., Ryabtsev, I.A. (1998) Computer system for design of arc surfacing technologies. Svarka, 11, 61–66.
- Lankin, Yu.N., Ryabtsev, I.A., Soloviov, V.G. et al. (2014) Effect of electric parameters of arc surfacing using flux-cored wire on process stability and base metal penetration. The Paton Welding J., 9, 25–29. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.09.03
- Ryabtsev, I.A., Lankin, Yu.N., Soloviov, V.G. et al. (2015) Computer information-and-measuring system for investigation of arc surfacing processes. Ibid., 9, 32–35. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.09.05
- Adolfsson, S., Babrami, A., Bolmsjo, G. et al. (1999) On-line quality monitoring in short-circuit gas metal arc welding. Welding J., 2, 59–73.
- Koves, A., Golob, M. (2002) Fuzzy logic based quality monitoring in short-circuit gas metal arc welding. IIW Doc. XII-1712–02.
- Wu, C.S., Polte, T., Rehffeldt, D.A. (2001) Fuzzy logic system for process monitoring and quality evaluation in GMAW. Welding J., 2, 33–38.
- Pokhodnya, I.K., Milichenko, S.S., Gorpenyuk, V.N. et al. (1987) Influence of structure and coefficient of electrode coating mass of base type on stability of arc burning in welding. Svarka, 8, 32–35.
- Ye Feng et al. On-line quality monitoring in robot arc welding process. IIW Doc. 212-994–01.
- Pokhodnya, I.K., Farpenyuk, V.N., Milichenko, S.S. (1990) Metallurgy of arc welding: Processes in arc and melting of electrodes. by I.K. Pokhodnya. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.