TPWJ, 2017, #7, 6-14 pages
Structure and service properties of welded joints of high-strength steels, aluminium and titanium alloys
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #7, 2017 (July)
L.I. Markashova, V.D. Poznyakov, E.N. Berdnikova, T.A. Alekseenko, O.S. Kushnareva and E.V. Polovetsky
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
A structural-analytical approach to evaluation of effect of structural-phase states on change of the most significant mechanical properties of examined materials was used in this work. A role of structural factors (alloying type, phase composition, size of grain and subgrain structure, distribution and density of dislocation, phase precipitations, their size and nature of distribution) was shown for ensuring optimum properties of welded joints and their operation reliability. Experimental-analytical evaluations have determined structural-phase parameters and factors providing the necessary complex of welded joint properties. 20 Ref., 2 Tables, 12 Figures.
argon-arc welding, friction stir welding, electron beam welding, hybrid laser-arc welding, aluminium alloy, heat-resistant titanium alloy, high-strength steel, welded joints, structure, phase composition, mechanical properties, fracture toughness, crack resistance
- (1965) High-strength steel: Coll. Ed. by L.K. Gordienko. Moscow: Metallurgy.
- Houdremont, E. (1959) Special steels. Moscow: Metallurgizdat.
- Fridlyander, I.N. (2000) Aluminium alloys in aircrafts during 1970–1999 and 2000–2015. In: of Sci. Council on New Materials of IAAS: Problems of Modern Materials Sciences. Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 15–19.
- Solonin, O.P., Glazunov, S.G. (1976) Heat-resistant titanium alloys. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
- Chechulin, B.B., Ushkov, S.S., Razuvaeva, I.N. et al. (1977) Titanium alloys in machine-building. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Markashova, L.I., Poznyakov, V.D., Berdnikova, E.N. et al. (2016) Structure and service properties of hybrid laser-arc welded joints of 14KhGN2MDAFB steel. The Paton Welding J., 5/6, 104–113. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.06.18
- Markashova, L.I., Poklyatsky, A.G., Kushnaryova, O.S. (2016) Effect of structure and properties of aluminium-lithium alloy welded joints produced by argon-arc and friction stir welding methods. Ibid., 81–85. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.06.14
- Markashova, L.I., Akhonin, S.V., Grigorenko, G.M. et al. (2012) Structure and properties of welded joints on titanium alloys containing silicon additions. Ibid., 11, 6–15.
- Markashova, L.I., Poznyakov, V.D., Berdnikova, E.N. et al. (2014) Effect of structural factors on mechanical properties and crack resistance of welded joints of metals, alloys and composite materials. Ibid., 6/7, 22–28. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.06.04
- Markashova, L., Kushnareva, O. (2014) Effect of structure on the mechanical properties of the metal of welded joints of aluminium alloys of the Al–Cu–Li system. Sci., 49(5), 681–687.
- Goldshtejn, M.I., Litvinov, V.S., Bronfin, B.M. (1986) Physics of metals of high-strength alloys. Moscow: Metallurgiya. Conrad, H. (1973) Model of strain hardening for explanation of grain size effect on flow stress of metals. In: Superfine grain in metals. Ed. by L.K. Gordienko. Moscow: Metallurgiya. Armstrong, R.V. (1973) Strength properties of superfine grain metals. Ibid., 11–40.
- Petch, N.J. (1953) The cleavage strength of polycrystalline. Iron and Steel Inst., 173, 25–28.
- Orowan, E. (1954) Dislocation in metals. New York: AIME.
- Ashby, M.F. (1983) Mechanisms of deformation and fracture. Appl. Mech., 23, 117–177. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0065-2156(08)70243-6
- Romaniv, O.N. (1979) Fracture toughness of structural steels. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
- Stroh, A.N. (1954) The formation of cracks as a recoil of plastic flow. of the Roy. Soc. A, 223(1154), 404–415.
- Panin, V.E.,Likhachev, V.A., Grinyaeva, Yu.V. (1985) Structure levels of deformation of solids. Depart.: Nauka.
- Conrad, H. (1963) Effect of grain size on the lower yield and flow stress of iron and steel. Acta Metallurgica, 11, 75–77. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-6160(63)90134-2