TPWJ, 2017, #7, 33-37 pages
Application of adjustable electric drives with brushless electric motors in arc welding
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #7, 2017 (July)
V.A. Lebedev1, G.V. Zhuk1 and I.V. Lendel2
Experimental Design-Technological Bureau of the E.O. Paton Electric
Welding Institute, NASU
15 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The paper deals with the possibility of application of electric drives with step and valve motors in welding equipment. Examples of performed developments of mechanized and automatic welding-surfacing equipment for various purposes are used to demonstrate the advantages of application of brushless motors as a set with computerized systems of control and regulation in different units to perform diverse technological functions. Effectiveness of application of step and valve electric drives for modulated and pulsed feed of electrode wire is particularly emphasized. Goods prospects for development of equipment with application of electric drives with step and valve electric motors are noted. 11 Ref., 8 Figures.
arc welding-surfacing, mechanized equipment, control, electric drive, brushless electric motors
- Paton, B.E. (2008) Selected works. Kiev: PWI.
- Kuznetsov, V.D., Skachkov, I.O., Krasnoshapka, V.V. (1993) Application of direct current drive for pulse filler wire feed. Svarka, 9, 53–54.
- Lebedev, V., Rymsha, V., Lendel, I. (2014) BLDC electric drive in the mechanism of pulse feed of electrode wire. The J. Electromechanic and Computer Syst., 92(16), 26–31.
- Maksimov, S.Yu., Lebedev, V.A., Lendel, I.V. (2013) Sealing of heat exchangers pipes using «wet» welding at the depth of 200 m. Voprosy Materialovedeniya, 1, 199–204.
- Lebedev, V.O., Maksimov, S.Yu., Lendel, I.V. Universal manipulator with possibility of low-frequency vibratory processing of weld pool. Utility model pat. 80823, Ukraine. Int. Cl. 20113.01 B 23 K 13/00.
- Lebedev, V., Reisgen, U., Lendel, I. (2016) Study of technological opportunities of GMA welding and surfacing with pulse electrode wire feed. Welding in the World, February, 9. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40194-016-0321-0
- Levedev, V.A., Dragan, S.V., Trunin, K.K. (2016) Automatic submerged-arc welding with pulse electrode wire feed by step motor. Proizvodstvo, 2, 27–34.
- Lebedev, V.A., Guly, M.V. (2014) High-speed valve electric drive for mechanized arc welding equipment. Avtomatizatsiya. Upravlenie, 6, 47–51.
- Voropaj, N.M., Ilyushenko, V.M., Lankin, Yu.N. (1999) Peculiarities of pulsed arc welding with synergic control of mode parameters (Review). Svarka, 6, 25–32.
- Lebedev, V.A. (2016) Mechanized synergic welding with pulse electrode wire feed. Naukoyomkie Tekhnologii v Mashinostroenii, 2, 19–24.
- Lebedev, V.A., Maksimov, S.Yu. (2015) New generation mechanized equipment for wet underwater welding and cutting of metal structures. Montazhnye i Spets. Raboty v Stroitelstve, 10, 30–32.