TPWJ, 2017, #11, 8-12 pages
Modern flux-cored wires for welding of low-alloy steels of increased and high strength
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #11, 2017 (November)
V.N. Shlepakov, A.S. Kotelchuk and Yu.A. Gavrilyuk
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The paper studies the peculiarities of application of flux-cored wires for welding of metal structures of low-alloy steels of increased and high strength. The ways have been proposed for solving the problems existing in this field. The flux-cored wires developed in the recent years at the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute for these purposes were described. The directions of increase of quality and efficiency of flux-cored wire welding using modern equipment have been presented. 15 Ref., 2 Tables, 7 Figures.
electric arc welding, flux-cored wire, low-alloy high-strength steels, heat input, wire melting efficiency, automation and control of welding process
- Irving, B. (1995) The challenge of welding heat-treatable alloy steels. Welding J., 74(2), 43–48.
- Keehan, E., Karlsson, L., Andren, H.O., Bhadeshia, H.K.D.H. (2006) New development with C–Mn–Ni high-strength steel weld metals. Pt A. Microstructure. Ibid., 85(9), 200–210.
- Adonyi, Y. (2002) Welding process effects in hydrogen industrial cracking susceptibility of high-performance steels. Ibid., 61–65.
- What is the difference between heat input and arc energy? http://www.twi-global.com/technical-knowledge/faqs/material-faqs/faq-what-is-the-difference-between-heat-input-and-arc-energy/
- DSTU EN ISO 14175:2014: Welding consumables. Shielding gases for arc welding and cutting [in Ukrainian].
- DSTU EN ISO 544: 2015: Welding consumables. Technical delivery conditions for filler materials. Type of product, dimensions, tolerances and markings [in Ukrainian].
- DSTU ISO 14344:2015: Welding and allied processes. Fluxes and shielding gases for arc welding. Guidelines for delivery of consumables [in Ukrainian].
- DSTU EN ISO 17632:2015: Welding consumables. Tubular cored electrodes for gas shielded and no-gas shielded metal arc welding of non-alloy and fine grain steels. Classification [in Ukrainian].
- DSTU EN ISO 18276:2015: Welding consumables. Tubular cored electrodes for gas-shielded metal arc welding of high strength steels. Classification [in Ukrainian].
- ANSI/AWS A4.3-93 (R2006): An American National Standard. Standard methods for determination of the diffusible hydrogen content of martensitic, bainitic, and ferritic steel weld metal produced by arc welding.
- Rama, R.S. (2006) Principles of power electronics. Moscow, Tekhnosfera [in Russian].
- Maleshin, V.I. (2005) Transistor conversion technique. Moscow, Tekhnosfera [in Russian].
- Mironov, S. (2003) Inverter power sources for arc welding. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 4, 41-43.
- (2007) Trans sinergic MIG/MAG power source 4000/5000/2700. Operating instructions. List of spare parts. Wels, Fronius Intern. GmbH.
- Designed and put into operation assembly-welding stand of side wall frameworks of freight cars. http://uptm.com.ua/index