TPWJ, 2017, #11, 23-30 pages
Evaluation of technical condition and repair of casing of catalytic cracking regenerator R-202
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #11, 2017 (November)
V.D. Poznyakov, V.P. Dyadin, E.A. Davydov, A.A. Maksimenko and A.V. Klapatyuk
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The main features of the performed technical diagnostics of damaged petrochemical equipment are considered for evaluation of its reparability. It is noted that in order to detect defects, the nature of their development, and the subsequent possibility of performing repair and restoration works, an individual approach to selection of control means and methods is required in most cases. The work gives an example of development and implementation of repair and welding technologies for restoration of integrity and service characteristics of vessel bodies taking into account the results of technical diagnostics and investigation of mechanical properties. 7 Ref., 3 Tables, 7 Figures.
repair of regenerator casing, visual and ultrasonic testing, welded joints, cracks, repair-welding technology
- Poznyakov, V.D., Dyadin, V.P., Davydov, E.A. (2016) Diagnostic examination of damaged regenerator of catalytic cracking unit to determine the repair-reconditioning operations for safe operation. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 45–49 [in Russian].
- DSTU EN ISO 17640:2014: Non-destructive testing of welds — Ultrasonic testing.Techniques, testing levels, and assessment [in Ukrainian].
- DSTU EN 10160:2015: Ultrasonic testing of flat steel product of thickness equal or greater than 6 mm (reflection method) [in Ukrainian].
- DSTU EN ISO 16826: Non-destructive testing. Ultrasonic testing. Examination for discontinuities perpendicular to the surface [in Ukrainian].
- DSTU EN ISO 10863:2014: Non-destructive testing of welds. Ultrasonic testing. Use of time-of-flight diffraction technique (TOFD) [in Ukrainian].
- DSTU EN ISO 16828:2015: Non-destructive testing. Ultrasonic testing. Time-of-flight diffraction technique as a method for detection and sizing of discontinuities [in Ukrainian].
- DSTU CEN/TS 14751:2008: Welding. Use of time-of-flight diffraction technique (TOFD) for examination of welds [in Ukrainian].