The Paton Welding Journal, 2017, #12, 38-41 pages
Improvement of impact toughness of metal of combined welded joints of alloyed bainite steels
S.I. Moravetsky1, A.K. Tsaryuk1, A.V. Vavilov2 and A.G. Kantor2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
199 Moscow Ave., 61037, Kharkov, Ukraine. Е-mail: email@example.com
A possible approach in the development of technology of producing combined welded joints of bainite steels was formulated as-applied to critical welded units, based on the purposeful presetting the optimum content of alloying elements and impurities in the base and filler metal within their grade composition according to the standard documents and contributing to improvement of their service characteristics. The comparison of results of experimental investigations obtained within the standard certification of welding technology, allows assuming that the implemented approach is effective. 9 Ref., 2 Tables.
alloyed steel, rotor steel, combined welded joints, welding consumables, chemical composition, submerged arc welding, heat treatment, tempering brittleness, impact toughness
- Subotin, V.G., Levchenko, E.V., Shvetsov, V.L. et al. (2009) Development of steam turbines of new generation of 325 MW power. Kharkiv, Folio [in Ukrainian].
- Tsaryuk, A.K., Moravetsky, S.I., Skulsky, V.Yu. et al. (2012) Development of forge-welded combined medium-pressure rotor for 325 MW steam turbine. The Paton Welding J., 8, 36–41.
- Goldshtejn, Ya.E. (1963) Low-alloyed steels in machine-building. Moscow-Sverdlovsk, MAShGIZ [in Russian].
- Braun, M.P. (1965) Complexly-alloyed structural steels. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Novikov, I.I. (1978) Theory of heat treatment of metals: Manual. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
- Zemzin, V.N., Shron, R.Z. (1978) Heat treatment and properties of welded joints. Leningrad, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Timofeev, M.M., Vasilchenko, G.S. (1962) Development of discs from dissimilar steels for gas turbine EGTU 1000. Problems of welding in power machine-building. In: of TsNIITMASH. Book 104. Ed. by L.M. Yarovinsky. Moscow, MAShGIZ, 100–109 [in Russian].
- German, S.I. (1972) Electric arc welding of heat-resistant steels of pearlitic class. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Shorshorov, M.Kh, Belov, V.V. (1972) Phase transformations and changes of properties in welding: Atlas. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].