TPWJ, 2017, #12, 33-37 pages
Improvement of the technology of producing extended composite transition pieces of steel 20 — steel 08Kh18N10T made by the method of hot screw rolling in vacuum
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #12, 2017 (December)
B.V. Borts, I.M. Nekhlyudov, N.D. Rybalchenko, V.I. Sytin and I.A. Vorobjov
NSC «Kharkiv Institute of Physics and Technology» of the NAS of Ukraine
1 Academichna Str., 61108, Kharkiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes in mill design using screw rolling in calibrated rolls were proposed and tested. Solid-phase welding in upgraded vacuum rolling mill was used to produce extended bimetal transition pieces with a helical texture that allows making sound solid-phase joints of more than 200 mm length of low-carbon steel and 08Kh18N10T steel. Investigation results were used to develop the technology of screw rolling in calibrated rolls. 12 Ref., 8 Figures.
vacuum screw rolling, extended tubular element of the transition piece, bimetal composites, upgrading
- Zemzin, V.N. (1991) Welded joints of dissimilar steels. In: Welding and welded materials. Vol. 1. Moscow, Metallurgiya, 422–442 [in Russian].
- Borts, B.V., Boevodyn, V.M., Neklyudov, I.M. (2012) Increase of service life of NPP piping due to application of the extended composite inserts from dissimilar materials. In: Problems of life and safety service of structures, constructions and machine. Kiev, PWI, 154–158 [in Ukrainian].
- Shavlakov, A.V. et al. Program of qualification test of composite welded joints of steel 20-steel 08Kh18N10N produced by technology of solid-phase welding. Sheet 15-31/4323. Approv. 25.06.2013 [in Russian].
- Tselikov, A.I. (1962) Theory of calculation of efforts in rolling mills: Refer. Book. Moscow: Metallurgizdat [in Russian].
- Tarnovsky, I.Ya., Levanov, A.N., Poksevatkin, M.I. (1956) Deformation of metals in rolling. Sverdlovsk, Metallurgizdat [in Russian].
- Polukhin, P.I., Vorontsov, V.K., Kudrin, A.B. et al. (1974) Strains and stresses in metal forming. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
- Borts, B.V., Boevodin, V.M., Neklyudov, I.M. et al. (2013) Application of solid phase joints for increase of reliability of piping of 2nd and 3rd generation reactors. Nauka i Innovatsii, 9(2), 10–17 [in Russian].
- Samojlovich, G.F. (1976) Nondestructive testing of metals and products: Refer. Book. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- PNAE G-7-008–89 (DNAOP 0.04-1.05–90): Rules of arrangement and safety service of equipment and piping of nuclear power plants [in Russian].
- PNAE G-7-010–89: Equipment and piping of nuclear power plants, welded joints and deposits, rules of inspection [in Russian].
- GOST 14782–86: Nondestructive testing. Welded joints. Ultrasonic methods [in Russian].
- GOST 14759–69. Glues. Method of determination of shear strength [in Russian].