The Paton Welding Journal, 2018, #6, 28-31 pages
Algorithm of joint line «tracking» in tandem arc welding
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The main difficulty, appearing in solution of the problem of automatic «tracking» the line of joint welded in tandem arc welding, is connected with measurement of side deviations from this line of each of electrodes located close to each other in the process of welding. Besides, together with side correction of movement of the electrodes, deviating from the line of joint welded, a need in angular correction of a torch is appeared, which could provide «parallelism» between the line of joint welded and the line, connecting the electrodes. A new approach to the solution of the above-mentioned problem was proposed, based on application of electric arc methods of measurement and application of recurrent procedures of linear and angular correction of the welding torch movement. The results of computer modeling are given in the paper. 8 Ref., 3 Figures.
tandem arc welding, adaptive control, arc sensors, recurrent algorithms of correction
- Dilthey, U., Stein, L., Woeste, K., Reich, F. (2003) Latest development and trends in high-efficient welding technologies. The Paton Welding J., 10–11, 146–152.
- Tsybulkin, G.A. (2014) Adaptive control in arc welding. Kiev, Stal [in Russian].
- Kobe Steel Company. http://www.kobelco.co.jp/english/welding/files/KWT_2012_2TH.pdf
- Akulov, L.M., Bukhovets, T.K., Stolovich, A.Yu. (2001) System of weld line tracking by arc. In: of 2nd Int. Symp. on Welding and Related Technologies (Minsk, Belarus), 136–137 [in Russian].
- Dolinenko, V.V. (1989) Evaluation and control of torch position using electric parameters of welding arc: Syn. Of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kiev [in Russian].
- Yongyi, A., Li, Y. (1991) Arc sensor used in MIG/MAG weld tracking. China Welding Inst., 12(3), 155–160.
- Sugitani, Y. (2000) Making best use of the arc sensor. of the Jap. Weld. Soc., 69(2), 46–50.
- Tsybulkin, G.A. (2011) Arc sensor systems for welding robots. Kiev, Stal [in Russian].