Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), # 6, 2018, pp. 33-37
On solution of problem of joint tracking in tandem arc welding
G. A. Tsybulkin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine. 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
The main difficulty, appearing in solution of the problem of automatic «tracking» of a welded joint line in tandem arc welding, is related with measurement of side deviations from this line of each of electrodes located close to each other in process of welding. Besides, together with side correction of movement of the electrodes, deviating from the welded joint line, there is a need in angular correction of a torch. It would provide “parallelism” between welded joint line and line joining the electrodes. A new solution was proposed to solve the indicated problem based on application of electric-arc methods of measurements and application of recurrent procedures of linear and angular correction of welding torch movement. The results of computer modelling are given in the paper. 7 Ref. , 3 Fig.
: tandem arc welding, adaptive control, arc sensors, recurrent correction algorithms
- Dilthey, U., Stein, L., Woeste, K., Reich, F. (2003) Latest development and trends in high-efficient welding technologies. The Paton Welding J., 10-11, 146-152.
- Tsybulkin, G.A. (2014) Adaptive control in arc welding. Kiev, Stal [in Russian].
- Kobe Steel Company. http://www.kobelco.co.jp/english/welding/files/KWT_2012_2TH.pdf
- Akulov, L.M., Bukhovets, T.K., Stolovich, A.Yu. (2001) System of weld line tracking by arc. In: of 2nd Int. Symp. on Welding and Related Technologies (Minsk, Belarus), 136-137 [in Russian].
- Dolinenko, V.V. (1989) Evaluation and control of torch position using electric parameters of welding arc. In: of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kiev [in Russian].
- Yongyi, A., Li, Y. (1991) Arc sensor used in MIG/MAG weld tracking. China Welding Inst., 12(3), 155-160.
- Sugitani, Y. (2000) Making best use of the arc sensor. of the Jap. Weld. Soc., 69(2), 46-50.
- Tsybulkin, G.A. (2011) Arc sensor systems for welding robots. Kiev, Stal [in Russian].