TPWJ, 2018, #8, 22-27 pages
Technology for EBW of aircraft structures of titanium alloys
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #8, 2018 (August)
V.M. Nesterenkov, Yu.V. Orsa, K.S. Khripko and O.V. Makhnenko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Presented are the results of development of efficient technological processes of electron beam welding of girder structures of titanium VT-6 alloy with high resistance of welded joints to the formation of fatigue cracks, the diffuser of gas turbine engine of OT-4 alloy using slot welds, the body of medium pressure chamber of gas-turbine engine of VT5L alloy, providing a high accuracy of geometric dimensions. 5 Ref., 16 Figures.
electron beam welding, aircraft structures, titanium alloys, variable cross-section parts, slot welds, residual stresses, fatigue resistance
1. Paton, B.E., Nazarenko, O.K., Nesterenkov, V.M. et al. (2004) Computer control of electron beam welding with multi-coordinate displacements of the gun and workpiece. The Paton Welding J., 5, 2–5.
2. Zamkov, V.N., Prilutsky, V.P., Petrichenko, I.K. et al. (2001) Effect of the method of fusion welding on properties of welded joints in alloy Ti–6Al–4V. Ibid., 4, 2–6.
3. (1977) Titanium alloys in machine building. Ed. by G.I. Kapyrin. Leningrad, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
4. Makhnenko, V.I. (2006) Resource of safe service of welded joints and assemblies of modern structures. Kyiv, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
5. Nesterenkov, V.M., Kravchuk, L.A., Arkhangelsky, Yu.A. et al. (2015) Electron beam welding of medium-pressure chamber of gas turbine engine. The Paton Welding J., 12, 29–33. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.12.06