TPWJ, 2018, #8, 28-33 pages
Effect of thermal cycle of TIG welding on structure and properties of pseudo-β-titanium alloys
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #8, 2018 (August)
S.V. Akhonin, V.Yu. Belous and R.V. Selin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The structural pseudo-b-titanium alloys have found a wide application in aircraft and rocket construction. However, while producing welded joints of pseudo-b-alloys applying method of fusion welding, the difficulties arise connected with change in the structure and formation of metastable phases in welded joint. In this paper, using the developed mathematical model of TIG process, the influence of welding thermal cycle on the weld shape, cooling rate and structure of welded joint metal of the pseudo-b-titanium alloy VT19 was investigated. Amount of phases in the weld metal, heat-affected zone and base metal was determined, phase composition and its effect on the mechanical properties of welded joints were predicted. 8 Ref., 4 Tables, 11 Figures.
: TIG welding, high-strength titanium alloys, mathematical modeling
1. Antashev, V.G., Nochovnaya, N.A., Shiryaev, A.A. Izotova, A.Yu. (2011) Perspectives of development of new titanium alloys. Vestnik MGTU im. N.E. Baumana. Seriya Mashinostroenie, SP2, 60–67 [in Russian].
2. Moiseev, V.N. (1998) β-titanium alloys and perspectives of their development. MiTOM, 12, 11–14 [in Russian].
3. Khorev, A.I. (2009) Development of structural titanium alloys for manufacture of components of aerospace engineering. S Proizvodstvo, 3, 13–23 [in Russian].
4. Gurevich, S.M., Kulikov, F.R., Zamkov, V.N. et al. (1975) Welding of high-strength titanium alloys. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
5. Khorev, A.I. (2007) Theoretical and practical fundamentals for improvement of structural strength of modern titanium alloys. Tekhnologiya Lyogkikh Splavov, 2, 144–153 [in Russian].
6. Akhonin, S.V., Belous, V.Yu., Muzhichenko, A.F. et al. (2013) Mathematical modeling of structural transformations in HAZ of titanium alloy VT23 during TIG welding. The Paton Welding J., 3, 24–27.
7. Khorev, A.I. (2012) Titanium superalloy VT19. Tekhnologiya Mashinostr., 6, 5–8 [in Russian].
8. Akhonin, S.V., Belous, V.Y., Berezos, V.A. Selin, R.V. (2018) Effect of TIG-welding on the structure and mechanical properties of the pseudo-β titanium alloy VT19 welded joints. Sci. Forum, Vol. 927, 112–118. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.927.112