TPWJ, 2018, #8, 34-38 pages
Repair of large-sized blades of the fan of gas-turbine engine
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #8, 2018 (August)
I.B. Markov, I.A. Petrik, A.G. Seliverstov And Yu.A. Marchenko
JSC «Motor Sich»
15 Motorostroiteley Ave., 69098, Zaporozhye, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The paper presents the results of work on restoration of damaged area of gas-turbine engine fan by welding of a fragment by electron beam process. Fatigue limit s–1
was determined for fan blades for D-36 engine with 16–65∙103
N thrust repaired by his technology. Metallographic examination of the blades with fragment welding was carried out after fatigue tests. Perspective directions for increase of fatigue limit of repaired fan blades were proposed. 8 Ref., 2 Tables, 9 Figures.
electron beam welding, titanium alloy, fan blades, fragment welding, heat treatment, structure, fatigue limit
1. Petrik, I.A. (2007) Processes of restoration repair by welding and brazing of gas turbine engine blades of difficulty weldable alloys based on nickel and titanium. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kiev, PWI [in Russian].
2. Nesterenkov, V.M., Orsa, Yu.V., Khripko, K.S. et al. (2017) Restoration repair of elements and units of gas turbine engines. The Paton Welding J., 11, 13–17. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.11.02
3. Petrik, I.A., Ovchinnikov, A.V., Basov, Yu.F. et al. (2006) Improvement of performance of titanium alloy blades of aircraft engine fan. Vestnik Dvigatelestroeniya, 4, 104–107 [in Russian].
4. Marchenko, Yu.A., Petrik, I.A., Zhemanyuk, P.D. (2013) optimizing the technology of electron beam annealing of compressor drums from VT8 titanium alloy. Promyshlennost v Fokuse, 4, 42 [in Russian].
5. Sajdakhmetov, R.Kh. (2005) Advanced technologies for manufacture of flying vehicle structures from titanium alloys. Tashkent, TGAI [in Russian].
6. Krotinov, N.B. (2014) Surface plastic strain hardening of gas turbine engine blades. Vestnik SGTU, 3, 68–71 [in Russian].
7. Pukhalskaya, G.V., Koval, A.D., Loskutov, S.V. et al. (2009) Effect of treatment of compressor blades by spheres in magnetic field on formation of surface layer parameters and strength characteristics. Vestnik Dvigatelestroeniya, 2, 92–101 [in Russian].
8. Pukhalskaya, G.V., Markov, I.B. (2016) Determination of mechanical properties in different zones of welded joints from VT3 titanium alloy. Ibid., 1, 89–91 [in Russian].