Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #8, 2018, pp. 39-44
Repair of large-size blades of fan of gas-turbine engine
I. B. MARKOV, I. A. PETRIK, A. G. SELIVERSTOV, Yu. A. MARCHENKO
JSC «Motor Sich», 15 Motorostroiteley Ave., Zaporozhye, 69068. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper presents the results of works on restoration of a damaged area of blade of gas turbine engine fan by means of welding-up of a fragment by electron-beam welding method. An endurance limit (σ-1
) was determined for fan blades of D-36 engine with 16-65·103
N thrust repaired by this technology. Metallographic examination of the blades with fragment welding-up after fatigue tests was carried out. Perspective directions on increase of the endurance limit of repair fan blades were proposed. 8 Ref., 2 Tabl., 9 Fig.
Keywords: electron beam welding, titanium alloy, fan blades, fragment welding-up, heat treatment, structure, endurance limit
1. Petrik, I.A. (2007) Processes of restoration repair by welding and brazing of gas turbine engine blades of difficulty weldable alloys based on nickel and titanium. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kiev, PWI [in Russian].
2. Nesterenkov, V.M., Orsa, Yu.V., Khripko, K.S. et al. (2017) Restoration repair of elements and units of gas turbine engines. The Paton Welding J., 11, 13–17. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.11.02
3. Petrik, I.A., Ovchinnikov, A.V., Basov, Yu.F. et al. (2006) Improvement of performance of titanium alloy blades of aircraft engine fan. Vestnik Dvigatelestroeniya, 4, 104–107 [in Russian].
4. Marchenko, Yu.A., Petrik, I.A., Zhemanyuk, P.D. (2013) optimizing the technology of electron beam annealing of compressor drums from VT8 titanium alloy. Promyshlennost v Fokuse, 4, 42 [in Russian].
5. Sajdakhmetov, R.Kh. (2005) Advanced technologies for manufacture of flying vehicle structures from titanium alloys. Tashkent, TGAI [in Russian].
6. Krotinov, N.B. (2014) Surface plastic strain hardening of gas turbine engine blades. Vestnik SGTU, 3, 68–71 [in Russian].
7. Pukhalskaya, G.V., Koval, A.D., Loskutov, S.V. et al. (2009) Effect of treatment of compressor blades by spheres in magnetic field on formation of surface layer parameters and strength characteristics. Vestnik Dvigatelestroeniya, 2, 92–101 [in Russian].
8. Pukhalskaya, G.V., Markov, I.B. (2016) Determination of mechanical properties in different zones of welded joints from VT3 titanium alloy. Ibid., 1, 89–91 [in Russian].