TPWJ, 2018, #10, 33-36 pages
Electroslag surfacing of layers of different thickness in stationary current-supplying mould
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #10, 2018 (December)
Yu.M. Kuskov, V.G. Soloviov, I.P. Lentyugov and V.A. Zhdanov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Studied was a nature of change of electrotechnical parameters of process of discrete filler melting in its portion feed and variation of thickness of deposited metal in a stationary current-supplying mould. It is determined that the process of melting in a slag pool is effected by initial values of depth and specific electric conductivity of the slag pool. A concept of averaged heat level of the slag pool was introduced. It characterizes change of physical properties and thermal state of the pool as a result of feed in it of a portion of discrete filler and allows optimizing initial position of deposited surface relatively to current-supplying section of the mould. 5 Ref., 1 Table, 5 Figures.
electroslag surfacing, stationary current-supplying mould, deposited metal thickness, slag pool depth
1. Kuskov, Yu.M. (2003) A new approach to electroslag welding. Welding J., 4, 42–45.
2. Kuskov, Yu.M. (2003) Peculiarities of electroslag surfacing with granular filler material in current-supplying mould. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 9, 42–47 [in Russian].
3. Kuskov, Yu.M., Gordan, G.N., Bogajchuk, I.L., Kajda, T.V. (2015) Electroslag surfacing using discrete materials of different methods of manufacture. The Paton Welding J., 5–6, 30-33. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.06.06
4. Kuskov, Yu.M. (2018) Influence of flux composition on the process of electroslag surfacing of end faces with discrete feeding of filler material. Ibid., 1, 33–37. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2018.01.07
5. Latash, Yu.V., Fetisova, T.Ya., Voronin, A.E. (1985) Investigation of electric conductivity and toughness of slags (fluxes) of CaF2–CaO–Al2O3–SiO2 system used in electroslag technology: Informations. Spetselektrometallurgiya, 58, 11–17 [in Russian].