TPWJ, 2018, #11-12, 70-76 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #11-12, 2018 (November)
Diffusion welding and brazing of dissimilar materials with controlled stress-strain state
V.V. Kvasnytskyi1, V.F. Kvasnytskyi2, Chen Hexing3, M.V. Matvienko2 and G.V. Yermolayev2
NTTU «Igor Sikorskii Kyiv Polytechnic Institute»
37 Prosp. Peremohy, 03056, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adm. Makarov National Shipbuilding University
9 Heroiv Ukrainy Prosp., 54025, Mykolaiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Guangdong Academy of Sciences
No.9, Building, 100 Xianlie Rd. Guangzhou, P. R. China. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stress-strain state in vacuum diffusion welding and brazing of dissimilar materials was studied, allowing for plastic deformations of instantaneous plasticity and creep. The role of plastic deformations in joint formation and residual stresses in vacuum diffusion welding of dissimilar metals, in particular of metals with nonmetals, as well as similar materials with interlayers is considered. Application of temperature loading simultaneously with external load at vacuum diffusion welding of dissimilar metals allows creating a bulk stressed state in the butt joint, with formation of axial, radial, circumferential, tangential stresses, promoting localization of plastic deformations in the butt joint zone and development of shear deformations, and intensification of the processes of formation of physical contact, activation of the surfaces and development of diffusion processes, respectively. Control of stress-strain state at joining of metals with nonmetals allows regulation of relaxation processes at cooling and prevention of joint fracture. 12 Ref., 9 Figures.
Keywords: diffusion welding, brazing, stresses, strains, modeling, structure, mechanical properties, diffusion
1. Krivtsun, I.V., Kvasnytskyi, V.V., Maksymov, S.Yu., Ermolayev, H.V. (2017) Special methods of welding. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Mykolaiv, NUK [in Ukrainian].
2. Ermolayev, H.V., Kvasnytskyi, V.V., Kvasnytskyi,V.F. et al. (2015) Brazing of materials. Ed. by V.F.Khorunov et al. Mykolaiv, NUK [in Ukrainian].
3. Makhnenko, V.I., Kvasnitsky, V.F. (2009) Peculiarities of formation of stress-strain state in diffusion bonds between dissimilar materials. The Paton Welding J., 8, 7-11.
4. Kvasnytskyi, V.V., Ermolayev, H.V., Matvienko, M.V. (2017) Mechanics of joints in diffusion welding, brazing and spraying of dissimilar materials under elasticity conditions. Nikolaev, NUK [in Russian].
5. Kvasnitsky, V.V., Zolotoj, Yu.G., Labartkava, A.B. et al. (2008) Experimental investigation of deformation of welded assembly of bush-bush type from dissimilar materials: Transact. NUK, Mykolaiv, NUK, 4, 65-73 [in Russian].
6. Kazakov, N.F. (1976) Diffusion welding of materials. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
7. Lobanov, L.M., Ermolayev, H.V., Kvasnytskyi, V.V. et al. (2016) Stresses and strains in welding and brazing. Ed. by L.M. Lobanov. Mykolaiv, NUK [in Ukrainian].
8. Kvasnitsky, V.V., Kvasnitsky,V.F., Markashova, L.I., Matvienko, M.V. (2014) Effect of stress-strain state on structure and properties of joints in diffusion welding of dissimilar metals. The Paton Welding J., 8, 8-14. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.08.01
9. Emelyanov, V.M., Kvasnytskyi, V.V., Ermolayev, H.V. et al. (2009) Optimization of structure of metal-graphite slide-bearings on the base of residual stresses analysis in brazed assemblies. Vestnik Khersonsk. NTU. Kherson, KhNTU, 3, 42-46 [in Russian].
10. Ermolaev, G.B., Martynenko, V.A., Olekseenko, S.V. et al. (2017) Effect of the rigid interlayer thickness on the stress-strain of metal-grafite assemblies under thermal loading. Strength of Materials, May, 49(3) 422-428. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-017-9882-4
11. Kopelman, L.A. (2010) Principles of theory of strength of welded structures. St.-Petersburg, Lan [in Russian].
12. Kvasnytskyi, V.V., Kvasnytskyi,V.F., Dong Chunlin, Matvienko, M.V. et al. (2018) Stressed state of welded and brazed assemblies from similar materials with a soft interlayer under axial loading. The Paton Welding J., 4, 6-10. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2018.04.01