TPWJ, 2018, #11-12, 112-118 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #11-12, 2018 (November)
Some technological peculiarities of performance of assembly-welding works in construction of isothermal tanks
M. Beloev1 and N. Lolov2
KZU Holding Group
12 Khisto Vakarelski Str., 1700, Sofia, Bulgaria
8 Kliment Ohridski Blvd., 1000, Sofia, Bulgaria
The paper deals with the main technological features which should be taken into account during design, fabrication and mounting of tanks from 9 % Ni steel for liquefied natural gas storage. They include preparation for welding, selection of welding processes and consumables, modular assembly of the tank in site, application of ultrasonic peening of welded joints for stress relieving. 8 Ref., 6 Tables, 5 Figures.
arc welding, isothermal tanks, 9 % Ni steel, design, fabrication, mounting, modular assembly, ultrasonic peening
1. Welding liquide natural gas tanks and vessels in 5% and 9% nickel steels, ESAB.
2. Welding LNG tanks ans vessels in 5% and 9% nickel steels, ESAB.
3. (2011) Kobe, co Welding Today, 14, 2, 1–10.
4. Det Norske Veritas – Report No: 98-3111, rev.01 – 15.19 Ammonia stress corrosion cracking.
5. (1992) Guidelines for the Construction of Pressure Vessel Type Tanks Intended for the Transportation of Anhydrous Ammonia at Ambient Temperatures, 33.
6. Alghamdi T., Liu S. (2014) Low Transformation Temperature (LTT) Welding Consumables for Residual Stress Management: Consumables Development and Testing Qualification. Welding Journal, 7, 93.
7. Kudryavtsev Y. (2013) Ultrasonic Measurement of Residual Stresses in Welded Specimens and Structures, Proceedings of the ASME 2013 Pressure Vessels and Piping Conference PVP2013 July 14–18, 2013, Paris, France. https://doi.org/10.1115/PVP2013-97184
8. Kudryavtsev Y., Kleiman J. (2013) Fatigue Improvement of Welded Elements and Structures by Ultrasonic Peening. Proceedings of the ASME 2013 Pressure Vessels and Piping Conference PVP2013 July 14–18, 2013, Paris, France. https://doi.org/10.1115/PVP2013-97185